Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Just set up cam!

TheMadCatter

Well, yesterday I set up my first cam and I'm buying two more. I had to go cut a few limbs this morning went out switched the camera cards and found these two walking around this morning already! I just wanted to make sure it was in the right place and was working. Looks fine to me! It's 2ft infront of my stand I'll be hunting this year with no bait, feed, or anything down. 1 mile north and 3/4 mile south there will be salt/mineral licks w/cams :D I want to see what's in the area. I'm hoping to get a few good pictures this year.

12135-061312_2040_00.jpg

12135-pict2516.jpg

This guy has a weird drop-tine thing. He's not growing a main beam on that side.
12135-pict2520.jpg

Love your enthusiasm to get out there and try new stuff...that first buck looks like he could turn into a beauty :way:

NWBuck

You might be better off relocating the camera away from your stand. No matter what you do, you'll be scenting up your area checking that camera by your stand. Unless you only check it just before or during a hard rain.
Enjoy your new toy they are addictive, just use caution not to educate the deer of your activity.

You might be better off relocating the camera away from your stand. No matter what you do, you'll be scenting up your area checking that camera by your stand. Unless you only check it just before or during a hard rain.
Enjoy your new toy they are addictive, just use caution not to educate the deer of your activity.

This cam I'll only check once or twice a month if not less. My other cams I'll check weekly or every other week.

That first cam it looks like the motion sensor could be blocked by that wood.. If your intent is to see them jumping that fence, I'd rotate it to the right some. Otherwise, I'd move it to the field side of the wood in front of the camera..

Looking forward to your pic's this year..

Just an FYI based upon our experiences...

You mention that you will have mineral sites with cams a mile away and 3/4 mile away from your stand site/new cam site. We have found that some bucks just will not range that far normally, at least on a day-in and day-out basis in the summer months. You may very well see some bucks on more than one cam locations spread out that far, but my guess is that 80%+ of them will be unique to each cam location with that distance between them.

Believe it or not, there are some bucks that only show up on one of our cameras, and not the other, on our own property...and the two cams are only 300 yards apart. We have also had several occasions where a nearby neighbor is getting pics of a buck that we never do, and vice versa.

Nice pics, you should get many more this summer. It is quite intriguing to check cams and see what deer have been there, etc.

Just make sure you have plenty of card capacity, and set your delay accordingly. Or you'll fill it up fast. Enjoy, cameras are a sickness in their own!

KnuckleDragr said:
Just make sure you have plenty of card capacity, and set your delay accordingly. Or you'll fill it up fast. Enjoy, cameras are a sickness in their own!

16GB enough? XD My mineral licks will be removed before bow season as it is. Basically trying to get inventory on bucks before and after season.

Looks great! 16GB should be plenty if you have them taking pictures not video. Most cameras only take picture that are about 1MB to 2MB big. That means you will have room for thousands of pics! (1,024 MB = 1 GB)

Top Bottom