Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Just wondering ...

fatboy

Every year the rumor mill gets going about a giant being killed here in Iowa. My buddies farm I hunt has been asking me now for several weeks if I have heard or seen pics of a monster being shot in Madison county around the town of Patterson. I do not hunt the area, but the locals where I do have been talking about this one and the hunter is in touch with Bass Pro and Cabelas to buy the rack. It is said to be a Typical in the 230's? Anyone else hear anything.:drink1:

Reality check. Cabela's are selling mounts right now, not buying. They are in dire financial straits right now and will not be buying anything for awhile. Bass Pro has learned seeral valuable lessons about buying antlers to soon...meaning to let some time go by and let all rumors and smoke clear up that comes with the giants. Maybe the deer is real, although I doubt it or someone would have confirmed it by now. But the rest of your statement pertaining to Bass Pro and Cabela's is completely false.

It's real. 230s nontyp with a huge typical frame. All I'm gonna say. :D
I figured it was a nontyp. My buddy is not a hunter but has heard the gossip up town from other people so he had asked me several time if I had heard anything.

I've seen it. Its a monter. I have pics. Its a great deer don't know if I should put them on here. I don't even know the hunter. Got it thru an email.

I would NOT post those pictures. As soon as you did they'd be all over the net. It's best to let the lucky hunter decide if he wants that kind of attention. :way:

I've heard this rumor awhile back and don't know if it is true or not but there's been a lot of talk about a monster shot west of Cumming. That would be just north of Patterson. Whether true or not, there is some great hunting ground around that area.

Top Bottom