Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Just Wondering

I am still fairly new to Iowa hunting, so I just wondering is it legal to archery hunt during shotgun season as long as you are using a shotgun tag? I know in Missouri during the rifle season you can bow hunt if you want but you just have to use your firearm tags.

Thank you. Seems weird to me that its not legal use a bow to fill a firearm tag because your range with a bow is drastically lower than with a shotgun or muzzleloader but rules are rules.

Thank you. Seems weird to me that its not legal use a bow to fill a firearm tag because your range with a bow is drastically lower than with a shotgun or muzzleloader but rules are rules.

First of all, you are not a mature buck hunter. Second of all, you better just shoot a buck with your bow before shotgun season!:D

It is all about safety. I would not want to be in a tree when the orange army is out
there.

If this were the case they'd outlaw treestands:confused:

A treestand is one of the best places for a gun hunter as other guys kick deer around. And, in many cases, much safer than being on the ground

Yes a great place to see deer moved around by other hunters.
I have done it many times with a gun not a bow. It depends on where you are
hunting (private or public). Not saying I agree with no bow during shotgun, but I was thinking the guys who make the rules were thinking about safety.

It is a safety issue and I would imagine it would be a nightmare from a landowner perspective. Most places have guys that bowhunt their ground and a different group of guys who gun hunt. I would imagine there would be some fighting going on. Bowhunters already had two months to get it done and they can go late muzz with a bow so I think it is fair you cant use a bow during gun season and even with gun tag.

Top Bottom