Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Kansas New Equipment

blake

Life Member
Kansas hunters able to use new equipment

TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) — Deer and turkey hunters in Kansas will be able to use more legal equipment during upcoming hunting seasons.

The Kansas Department of Wildlife Parks and Tourism says deer hunters will be allowed to use any center fire rifle or handgun cartridge when deer season starts in September. Previously, hunters had to use ammunition with at least a .23 caliber bullet. Also, any gauge slugs will be allowed starting in the fall.

The state also will allow anyone to use crossbows during archery season, and radio transmitters in arrows will be legal. Previously, only people under 15, older than 55, or with physical disabilities could use crossbows.

Turkey hunters also will be able to use any gauge shotgun, starting in the spring turkey season.

My guess is that you can track the arrow then, either to find it or if it stays stuck in your deer...to track your deer.

Those laws are ridiculous.

Radio transmitters in arrows could be helpful to locate the arrow or deer if arrow is stuck in it. Not sure they needed to add more calibers to the mix tho. Guess it will be easier to have a coyote/deer combo rifle now. Wonder how many non-deer hunters have a .223 that will now go deer hunting since they can use it. Also, will they add a magazine capacity limit for the semi-autos?

Yea KDWPT and the crooked state legislature doesn't care about the resource all they care about is the money. Really sad really starting to consider moving to another state just tired of fighting for my hunting rights and it has been made quite obvious the state couldn't care less what us residents want. When the bubble bursts then they will want the residents opinion on wildlife decisions again.

Yea KDWPT and the crooked state legislature doesn't care about the resource all they care about is the money. Really sad really starting to consider moving to another state just tired of fighting for my hunting rights and it has been made quite obvious the state couldn't care less what us residents want. When the bubble bursts then they will want the residents opinion on wildlife decisions again.

AGREE!!! KDWPT have lost their freaking minds! Last year the upped the amount of tags for non-residents. Unlike most states, we do not raise the cost to raise more money. We just take more of the resources! I honestly can not believe the crossbow thing! I pride myself for being a dedicated and discipline bow hunter. I practice more than most to make sure i do not wound deer and practice honest hunting rights. Now any arm chair quarterback will go to Cabelas and buy a freaking crossbow... We will have arrows hanging out of deer galore! I am so upset i cant stand to even think about it.

Top Bottom