Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Kansas Prince = New Iowa Archery World Record?

Liv4Rut

I think we have been had. The Kansas Prince replicas come in at 205 7/8. The NE iowa buck is supposed to be 206ish. I am wondering if this is Mitch Rompola's brother. A guy on Archerytalk noticed he had that set of antlers in his house he bought 10 years ago and posted the pic of the replicas on left. A google search will show you can buy these replicas for $400-$500.

What do you think? Same deer, different deer?

I hate pot stirring but kind of upset if true.................
982-kp_3.png

And it starts.......... NOW!

Nah, it's probably already started the day the first pic was shared.

Man that's crazy! I was wondering when a "new" picture of this deer would surface. Make sense why it hasn't yet. Looks like the same deer for sure. Also looks a bit fishy the way he is "holding" the rack or for better terms, not holding it. That's a bummer, nothing would have been sweeter than that record being broken by an Iowa buck!

Ha! I bet it started out as a small prank to a friend and turned into this! He's probably in hiding!

Look like the same buck, but some people around the area have claimed to have seen it in person. I started a thread awhile back and there was a trail camera picture posted from 3 years ago that look identical to the buck only younger with the exact same frame. Not sure what to think now.

Sure looks like the same deer. Only good thing about it being faked, fewer non-residents running to NE Iowa to buy up leases. Can't wait to hear the real story behind this guy.

Somebody better let field & stream know they had it on there site also.It is definitely the same deer to the t!

Sure looks like the same deer. Only good thing about it being faked, fewer non-residents running to NE Iowa to buy up leases. Can't wait to hear the real story behind this guy.

I have no doubt someone was already trying to weasel into the area if they thought they knew where this phony was killed. I know the landowners adjacent to where the last state record was shot. They got sick of people calling and stopping by looking for hunting rights to their property....even before the articles and record status came out.

Last edited:
Here is another view of the kansas king replicas. http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php?topic=267984.0 The one thing that is stumping me is the stickers (mainly left side) on the base of the replicas. That sticker is not on the deer in the picture. I just can't for the life of me imagine two deer that are so identical. My guess is during the photoshopping process of the Iowa buck picture, the sticker was cut off. Who knows.

Top Bottom