Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Kansas toad

Iowa1

Thought some of you might be interested in the buck I was hunting for several days in Kansas. I was never able to get a shot at him, and I actually took this pic from my window as I was driving out of the stand one day. He's still out there, and a couple of really big ones too. One place that I hunt had a local guy in it who said he was hunting a 200 class typical and he had a trail camera pic of it and last year's left side that scored 96. He was in an area that I had hunted hard in '06 and I was really disappointed he had a stand only 30 yards from where I put mine last time, so I was out of luck at that location. I'm ready to go back right now....

big8-2.jpg

Here's something you don't see every day. This is at a scrape:

CDY_0018.JPG

There are quite a few elk in that area of northcentral Kansas. They issue a few tags every year but only residents can apply.

I was in Missouri the first week of November and it was hot with no daytime buck movement. I am hoping to go back late season and fill a tag or two.

I hunt around Junction city, Kansas.

That 4x4 has some of the longest tines I have ever seen... he looks even bigger in person. There are some true world class bucks in that area too. I have a friend who has some 100-inch sheds.

Top Bottom