Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

kids pet Hogzilla

6x6

PMA Member
On my horse thread earlier this week I had a couple requests to post a few pics of my kids Hogzilla,[her real name is Bacon]. Years ago, a guy I buy hay from, gave her to my kids, as a little runt. Well, you know how that goes, once they get a name, they will never make it to the freezer. I took the livestock measuring tape to her today, used to calculate weight, for deworming and medicating, and came up with 1050 lbs. I'm not sure how accurate it is, but standing next to my 1100 lb stud horse in the next pen over, she easily looks to be the same weight. We tried to get the saddle on her today for Corben to ride and get a few pics, but as soon as I tightened up the cinch she blew up and got real cranky. She has not been ridden since she escaped and went wild last summer. I can see how it happens when pigs get loose and spread, because within 1 day she was completely wild, living in my standing corn, coming to my horse pasture pond to drink, and bolting through the fence, back to the corn at any sight or smell of me. It took over a month to catch her, but she is determined to be wild again. So, Jordan[Loesshillsarcher] and Kelly [KPM], if you see her on your farms be sure and get ahold of me, she's harmless.

107_0368.jpg

107_0357.jpg

107_0362.jpg

107_0371.jpg

107_0375.jpg

107_0378.jpg

107_0364.jpg

I have been told domestic pigs continue to grow their whole life, and she is only 7 years old. With a lifespan of 15-20 years how much bigger can she get?

Last edited:
If you can get her saddle broke again, put Corbin on her, and video it you will be a YouTube sensation. Speaking of saddle breaking, those Fellers seem to be wanna be cowboys aways talking of bull riding and fighting...

That's a mountain of pig for sure!

Actually she only eats 15-20 lbs of grain and all the hay she wants per day, plus all our old food when cleaning out the fridge and cupboard.
Bill- she did live in the house for the first few weeks but outgrew that quick.
Muddy-All she wanted yesterday was the doughnuts and bread ,she could smell in my pocket and her grain, so she was getting pretty annoyed with us. We will try it again after she has had her lunch and a nap one of these days. She used to tolerate anything before she got a taste of the wild, now shes a little more aggressive and grumpy. Can you see an Iowa sequal to "Guy on a Buffalo"?

I will let you know if it ever shows up. Some of the fences in the area are not in that great of shape, so it could walk right thru them.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Just kidd'in ya Kelly. When she escapes the next time I doubt she will go far from my broodmare pasture. She thinks she is a horse, even though they want nothing to do with her.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
  • Deleted by N/A
Show…
Not photoshopped, he was just reaching out to scratch her. You dont want to get too close, when she is eating. That picture, I was just a little closer with the camera. As far as her weight, who knows? I am justing going by what the livestock measuring tape says. I always figured she was at least 900 lbs compared to my 1100 lb. stud horse in the next pen over.

Top Bottom