Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Knight conversion to 209 primer

muddy

Hi all, I've been wondering this for awhile, I shoot a Knight MK-85 and was thinking on getting the conversion kit in order to shoot the 209 primer. I would appreciate some feed back on if anybody has done the same thing and either liked the conversion or not like the conversion. From what I can see the conversion kit looks like it'd be difficult to reload the primer under a quick situation. Of course quick and muzzleloaders don't exactly fit in the same sentence! =)

Thanks for the input.

MW

I put one in last year and love it....you can buy capping tools for the 209, makes it easier.

muddy, you may want to consider buying a disc rifle (i recommend the .45 cal). it is flat shooting and very accurate.

bub-

Buying a disc rifle would be nice but not economically feasible. I really like my MK-85 and plan on sticking with it.

As for the capping tool, is it a pain in the butt to use? It looks awkward and the sales clerk I was talking too said that they are kind've a pain to use and that a lot of people bring them back because of the awkwardness.

how 'bout a bighorn it uses the 209 primer and is not as expensive-besides keep your mk the way it is they do not make them anymore.

bub

I'm saving up for a wedding in February (right between deer and turkey season) so putting down money for yet another gun is out of the question. =) If I were to get another gun it'd be a T/C Encore or else a .54 Knight in case I "need" to go elk or caribou hunting! Right now I'm "stuck" with my MK for the time being. Besides spending $50 to convert makes more sense than buying a whole new gun and then not using the other one. The MK would get jealous and I can't have that! =)

MW

I shoot a Knight MK85 Predator, Changed 2 years ago, & it's great! I use cci primers, 110 grains of pyrodex, Knight high pressure sabots, Hornady xtp 300 gr. bullets. Groups are great, hits right where the chart in the manual says it should out to 150 yds.

There are several different capping tools available....check out Cabela's on line catalog...

I've heard only good things about the 209 conversion kit. I suggest buying one, it will cut down on misfires. I shoot a remington model 700 and I am getting one for next year.

Rembrandt & Mort-

Thanks for the info, those are the answers I was looking for. I may have to buy an early christmas present for myself before I go back home this weekend! =)

Top Bottom