Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Knight Extreme

mole

I bought a knight extreme conversion kit for my wolverine. Is anyone else having a problem getting the primer to seat on the nipple? It took me five minutes to seat the first one and then another five minutes and my pocket knife to get it off. I really felt like a "girly man".
I took the gun apart and put my old #11 system back on. It worked fine, took a nice 8 pt. Am I doing something wrong? or is this extreme system supposed to be that hard to put on?

moleson

Moleson-
I recently put the 209 conversion kit on my Wolverine as well and haven't had a problem. You mention trying to seat the primer on to the nipple. Are you using the plastic bushings that come in the kit? The plastic bushing fits over the nipple and then the primer fits in the plastic bushing. You then use the supplied wrench to both fix and remove the bushing from the breech plug/nipple assembly.

One_Big_Buck,

I am using the plastic bushings and the plastic tool sent with the kit. My Wolverine does have a scope. It seems to cause some problems trying to get the tool in to seat the plastic bushing on the nipple. Either that or you're more of a man than me.

moleson

Moleson-
Maybe try a little Pam cooking oil over the nipple to help lubricate it. Just an idea, but worth a shot. I've been happy with my conversion, that 209 primer really sends a spark!

Top Bottom