Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Knight Revolution

Scott

I bought the new Revolution this weekend. Just wanted to let anyone know if they are looking for a new muzzleloader this is the one. Its by far and away the simplest design to load, fire and most importantly clean. Ive shot mine about 25 times and it seems to shoot nice. Im still screwing with different charges and sabots right now trying to get it dialed in. Id recommend the gun to anyone.

How are your groups Fred?

Just bought the .52 but I really like the looks of this gun. Did you get the stainless...man that is all I need another gun...well I guess a guy can never have too many guns can he...
grin.gif

My groups are only about 4 inches right now. Im the only guy that I know that has got one right now, so Im not real sure whats gonna shoot best out of it. I know with the right setup you should be able to get it down to at least 2 inches. What are you shooting out of your 52 caliber? I got the blued barrel, I have never been crazy about stainless.

Shooting the 375 grain barnes red hots with the full 150 charge...It wasn't fun sighting in... but I am getting 1.5 to 2 inch groups at 150 and feel comfortable out to 200. I really like the gun so far but may need a shoulder replacement soon.
grin.gif

It was what they recommended...so that is what I used...once it was sighted in it wasn't bad but man oh man 15 shots and I was ready to pass out.
sleeping.gif

They don't go very far after being hit that is for sure...
grin.gif

i know what your saying limb. i was getting used to the 300 weatherby mag for alaska and could only shoot about 5 or 6 times before i had to quit.

try this sometime..........have someone with you do the loading and tell them to not to the load the gun at different times. you can find out how much you really flinch when you don't think you flinch at all.

i was bound and determined to get a revolution this summer but my plans changed after the rendevous. i really liked the way it feels, plus it just looks cool. stainless with the laminated stock is awesome....
30571-green1.gif

What your not suppose to sight it in with a flinch...
grin.gif

If you knew my friends you would not let them load your gun for you! If I was to do that they would more than likely see if the gun could withstand 200 grns of 777 loose and let me shoot it...
evil.gif

150gr Hurts! like a punch from Mike Tyson
bawling.gif
A good way to check your flinch and trigger is to put a dime on your barrel and pull the trigger/ dry fire and see if it falls off, it should stay on. My Omega with 150 and 245gr PB kicks like a mule, I cant imagine 300+grains
bigshock.gif

I also shot 150 grains of Triple Seven in my Knight Disc Extreme and TK 2000 shotgun. I have never been one that has been real sensitive to recoil in the past. However this healthy charge fired thru the standard stock was very hard on my shoulder.

The felt recoil as most of you already know is minimal when one is shooting at a deer due to the excitement and adrenaline rush. But I like to shoot from the bench on a regular basis to improve and retain my shooting skills at various distances; my shoulder was taking a pounding.

In my opinion I have found a way to reduce the felt recoil of both of these fine firearms. I bought the Knight Laminated Thumbhole stock for both of them. I had to do some fine tuning to the thumbhole stock to get it to fit properly to the TK.

I am convinced that the thumbhole stock has greatly reduced the felt recoil when shooting 150 grains of powder thru both of these firearms. My accuracy has improved significantly, and my shoulder is no longer painful after shooting 15-20 times.

I sure would like to try that new rifle sometime. If it is anything like the other Knights, I am sure it is a good one.

As for the 150 grain issue, I think the bad kick is mostly myth and not based on fact. My experiences have found that yes, 150 grains will kick more than 100 grains. However, it does not kick nearly as bad as most deer caliber high powers and it does not kick as bad as any 12 gauge shooting slugs. I am not telling anyone to shoot 150 grains. Most guns shoot better with much less and some are not designed for that much power. But some are and don't be afraid to try it if the manufacturer says it is OK.

My encore with 100 grains does not seem to kick at all but throw in the extra 50 and it will give you ring around the eye and a damaged shoulder.....Mybe I should check into a knight..sounds like a good gun

Haven't shot the Knight .52 but I'd expect more recoil from more powder and a heavy bullet. I shot 150 in the Encore with a 180gr Hornady- never noticed a problem with recoil. I am shooting a Knight Wolverine now with 100 and the 180gr bullet, groups better than 150- with the 100 you hardly know it went off. Wolverine is a nice light gun too so it may be that different guns are fitting people different and contributing to felt recoil. Stocks fit different when you are on the range in decent weather vs bundled up in December. Making sure the stock fits will help alot.

I shoot 100 grains with 250 grain shock wave bullets and found this to work great. I tried 150 grains with 300 grain Barnes bullets a couple of years ago and it was brutal. After 2 shots it was hard to keep the third on a paper plate at 100 yards. The current load has killed deer out to 150 plus yards and dropped them in their tracks. I don't think a person needs mag loads for much of our hunting whether it deer, turkeys, pheasants, or anything else except maybe ducks and geese.

Thats one thing that amazed me about this gun. I shot mine with a 150 grains with no shirt on and it didnt kick at all. It must be something about the stock because my encore would knock your shoulder out of its socket.

Top Bottom