Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Knoxville Nationals 2010-Anyone going?

sureshot

The Hunt Never Ends....
Just wondering if any of you were planning on going to the 50th annual Knoxville Nationals August 11th-14th this year? I go every year and figured if any of you were going to be there you could buy me a beer! ;)

We used to go every year. Money has been tight the last couple years though:( so we haven't made it and probably won't make it this year either. If everything goes as planned I'll be down there for the whole week next year.

Maybe keep an eye out for my father-in-law, he'll probably be wearing Steve Kinser apparel all week and have his hair dyed green...probably be holding a glass of crown royal and lime coke also:D

Chris,

Was down last Sat. to watch the nephew race (Agan). He extended an invite for the "Big Show" as he does not have a 410 bullet for that week and will be spectating rather than racing.

If I come, I am thinking either one of the qualifiers or Friday night for the better social activities after the races. Either way, if I can make a night work that week, I will try again to connect with you sometime and we can tip a couple cold ones.

Who ya cheering for this year ?? I wouldn't mind one of the older guys (Kinser one more time, S. Smith, hell even Sammy has been pretty damn fast lately but I can't bring myself to cheer for him). Anybody but Schatz !!!!!

Chris,

Was down last Sat. to watch the nephew race (Agan). He extended an invite for the "Big Show" as he does not have a 410 bullet for that week and will be spectating rather than racing.

If I come, I am thinking either one of the qualifiers or Friday night for the better social activities after the races. Either way, if I can make a night work that week, I will try again to connect with you sometime and we can tip a couple cold ones.

Who ya cheering for this year ?? I wouldn't mind one of the older guys (Kinser one more time, S. Smith, hell even Sammy has been pretty damn fast lately but I can't bring myself to cheer for him). Anybody but Schatz !!!!!

Sounds good! Friday night it always fun, but then again so is Wed, Thur, and Sat night as well. Let me know if you are going to make it and if so I will buy you a cold one!

As for who I'm rooting for, I would like to see Saldana win it. He has been soooo close over the past 5 years. Dollansky would be good too, but couldn't agree more with you're 'anybody but Schatz' comment. He hasn't been doing too great, so I don't think we have to worry about him crossing the checkered line first.

See you next week!

Here's me and my favorite driver back in '08. I hate to say it but I haven't been following it much and I'm not even sure she runs sprints anymore.

Natalie Sather: :way:

img1779t.jpg

I agree with the Schatz thing, I never did jump on that bandwagon.

Last edited:
If Natalie is still racing it has not been done at Knoxville. Maybe still up in S or N Dakota but have not seen any racing results listing her this summer. She may have run out of money to race with like so many others have done.

I use my week vacation for the Boone Supernationals. We have been to the Knoxville 360 and 410 nationals. Both a good time but Id rather watch Modifieds, stock cars, or Late Models.

The Late Model Knoxville Nationals is one that we wont miss! Awesome racing!

The Saturday A Main will go down as one of the best ever in the 50 years of this great event!!!! Great racing up front, and some tremendous charges from the B Main to the top ten or better spots by Dollansky and McMahan as well as a very solid move forward by S Smith. The locals had one of their best showings in years with six regular weekly teams competing in the A Main on Sat. If you were not there and you enjoy a good dirt track race, you might want to catch it on Speed in a couple weeks.

Also, hats off to the Dunkins (including our very own Sureshot1) on the track on Sat. night. Very racy surface with passes up top and down low.

Top Bottom