Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ladder Stand Free Loaders

katy

Ballagh
Had a nice suprise Saturday afternoon when I went out to sit in my hot spot ladder stand. Go out there about 3:00 to sit for the rest of the day, got my decoy all setup, and went to go get into my stand and found that someone else was using it. It's on private property, that no one else has access to, and pretty well conceled too. There was mud all over it, the cross member bar was jacked off the tree pointing straight down, all of the straps were loose and the stand was cranked over to the side. This really pisses me off. You spend so much time carefully setting everything up, trying to keep it scent free and as conceled as you can, then some s@!t bag decides to become a free loader and trespass using all the stuff you paid for and worked to setup. I think I'll get a trail camera and set it up high to try to catch the b!@*%d. Anybody else have this problem this year? Sorry to rant and rave, but it's kind of upsetting.
rambo.gif
flame.jpg

was he using it or trying to steal it?? with everyting all loose and stuff it sounds to me like he was trying to "borrow" your stand.

I kind of know what you mean supertec! I have two trail cams set up on over 300 acres of our own land and some dumb-ass decides to walk infront of one of the camera's. Very nice picture of him but cannot tell who the b@st@rd is. Problem being will he come back or will he see the camera(s) this time and steal them????
2guns.gif

Lack of courtesy in the field is one of my big concerns with the growth of outdoor recreation. We cannot do enough to educate some of the newer folks in the outdoors. I don't think the "everyone for yourself" attitude helps spread brotherly love.

The individuals that have no personal ethics or common courtesy are not going to go away, but maybe we can help stop the contamination of others when possible.

I share your frustration with poor field courtesy.

It sure sounds like the guy had full intensions of stealing it. Could have you walked in on the crime and he had to high tail it? Although it sounds like the jerk moved it and used it for a few hunts and then decided to return it and didn't want to take the time to attach everything properly. Hopefully a hunting partner guilted him into returning it.
I guess look on the brite side at least it was still there. Good Luck and throw a lock around it.

Yep,,,,,,,, I know the kind... I've hunted out of state now for 8 years..... It is no longer a secret to my neighbors here in WI..... One year I returned home and decided to hunt a stand that had not been hunted for weeks at least by me anyways...Turns out my friendly neighbors decided to hunt my stands while I hunted Iowa and Ill.!!!!!!

Can't prove a thing ..... allthough the stand was full of mud from muddy boots....That is just the way some friggin losers are....Too bad I didn't catch the chump..... he may have left the woods on the fly!!!

Gritty

Top Bottom