Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ladder stand

bkcrrtnps

I'm finally making the choice to hang a couple ladder stands, what are your opinions on the 20' stands?

I have a couple two man ladders that are 20' and they work great, and they are set up into the canopy of the tree well. I guess it just depends on your property, some places I have hangers because a ladder just doesn't fit into a lot of trees.

They are nice once they are set up. I hate setting them up, and refuse to do it alone. I always feel that the stand is going to rotate on the tree before I have it ratchet strapped at the top. Just have to remember to loosen the straps every few years to get the ladder to sit back down on the ground securely.

Pain to put up solo but it can be done, once up they are comfy and make great perches for long sits. I prefer hang on's in most cases but if you can find the right tree a ladder is a great option

I bought a 16ft double last year and put it up myself (like I said it's a pain solo but it can be done) and loved it during gun. Never sat it with two people but it was awesome to have the space when sitting it solo.

Top Bottom