Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

land owner tag question!

JUNIOR

This popped into my mind this morning, Can people who lease from property owners get land owner tags? Just something to talk about. Curious to if you can or not

I believe only if the person whom is leasing the land is making income off of it by either row crop or government program. If just leasing to hunt and farm rights are still retained by landowner, then I believe it would be a no.

I believe only if the person whom is leasing the land is making income off of it by either row crop or government program. If just leasing to hunt and farm rights are still retained by landowner, then I believe it would be a no.

Without re-reading the regs, this is my take from memory as well. They have to be farming the ground in order to get the tags. I believe their family is also eligible, in the same way as family of landowners.

Without re-reading the regs, this is my take from memory as well. They have to be farming the ground in order to get the tags. I believe their family is also eligible, in the same way as family of landowners.

So, my mother inherited farm ground with a small amount of hunting ground also- would I as her son be eligible for land owner tags? Seems to be stretching it.

So, my mother inherited farm ground with a small amount of hunting ground also- would I as her son be eligible for land owner tags? Seems to be stretching it.

No, if you are over 18 and completed high school or GED you don't qualify anymore.

If you become a legal tenant of that property on paper, or are farming it yourself, then I believe you could, but if you are no longer living at home with your mother and no longer her dependent, then no.

I just meant that the tags can be obtained/used by family members as well as the landowner or tenant, but only by those family members who qualify according to the regs.

Top Bottom