Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Landowner eligibility question

Tomo

I have a buddy who bought eight acres in Woodbury County. He is an Iowa resident who lives in Sioux City. Is he eligible for a landowners tag?

Bronc, you are correct, but that doesn't seem right to me. How many deer are going to live on a two acre chunk of ground. Am I wrong or was it 40 before? (I HAVE been wrong before, just ask the wife)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JNRBRONC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Two acres. </div></div>

Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Musky Hunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bronc, you are correct, but that doesn't seem right to me. How many deer are going to live on a two acre chunk of ground. Am I wrong or was it 40 before? (I HAVE been wrong before, just ask the wife) </div></div>

Doesn't matter where they live, matters where you shoot them. I don't know if any deer "live" on my 11 acres but they sure run through it a lot. Just wish the boogers would run through it during legal shooting hours.

The 'Bonker

I have eight acres that has tenyear and crops around it with a pond on mine and i have every deer in the neiborhood going to the pond.. they might not sleep on mine but they go through it almost every evening..I have gotten a deer every year on my eight acres.

Musky Hunter,
There is something about 40 acres but I can't remember exactly what it is. It might be a zoning thing, that you have to have 40 or more acres to be able to have a hog confinement or something like that. Or maybe it was an ag tax thing.......
confused.gif

Top Bottom