Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Landowner tag changes

Danno

PMA Member
Would someone please explain the changes in the Landowner tag regs for this year? I'm not sure I see what changed. Thanks

Des Moines Register

There is an example of husband/wife landowners here. I doubt this impacts many people. Other than this and the minimum acerage requirement, I didn't see many changes.

There is some poor wording on landowner license availability at: DNR Regs Page 23 seems to say that a landowner can get one free any-sex, two free antlerless only (one for must be for late antlerless only season), then two reduced fee antlerless only (@$12 each). The test will be trying to buy them.

Just got back from Fin and Feather. They had a chart for what licenses a landowner can get (it looked like page three of the license combination chart located on the DNR website, but it isn't on the website). As a landowner, you can buy 5 licenses, 3 at $2 and 2 at $12. A person really needs to study the options. I picked up a landowner shotgun any-sex(valid both seasons), a landowner shotgun antlerless, an early muzzleloader landowner antlerless, a resident archery and a resident late muzzleloader. The November antlerless season was a landowner option, but those aren't available for purchase until Nov. 12 (if the county quota has not sold out). If I owned land in the southern two tiers of Iowa counties, I could have purchased a landowner tag for the late rifle antlerless (but I think you have wait until Nov. 12 to buy those).

Anyway, it appears many changes have been made for license combinations for landowners. Visit a sporting goods store and see for yourself.

Top Bottom