Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Landowner Tag Question

fastfreddy

Just curious on this one.....I am a legal landowner.....Can I purchase an any sex bow tag and an any sex late season muzzleloader tag in the same year?

Thanks,

FF

Yes,
Using a landowner tag you can get up to three buck tags. Example

My tags this year are Paid bow, Landowner shotgun, and I can still purchase a late muzz or paid shotgun if wanted.

If you go to this link https://www4.wildlifelicense.com/ia/start.php you can choose which license you want and it takes away the options that are not compatible with each tag you previously chose.

Last edited:
If you mean a free landowner tag then No. From what I understand you can only get one any sex and one doe tag. But then you are still able to get any other tag that a regular person could as well. So like said above you can get 3 anysex tags, two paid statewide and one free farm unit

I have another question. Would it be legal for a landowner, hunting on his own land with a regular statewide tag, to go to town and buy a landowners tag after making a kill? The hunt would be legal because of the statewide tag in your pocket, but would it be legal to go and buy the landowners tag after the kill if you did not move the animal first? I doubt it, but I'm not sure.

I have another question. Would it be legal for a landowner, hunting on his own land with a regular statewide tag, to go to town and buy a landowners tag after making a kill? The hunt would be legal because of the statewide tag in your pocket, but would it be legal to go and buy the landowners tag after the kill if you did not move the animal first? I doubt it, but I'm not sure.

A CO would not look kindly on this, as there is a time constraint on tagging. Plus, tags are supposed to be bought BEFORE they are filled.

Yeah definitely not legal... but it gets done quite a bit

I was referring to getting both bow and late muzzy any sex tags under landowners....I have a paid statewide tag but like to hunt in the late season as well and I know I can get 2 buck tags for that season....one landowner and one statewide....I was just trying to maybe get rid of a few CULL bucks in the area....there are some 2 1/2" year old 14" spikes running around that aren't going to balloon into nothing.....hoping I could just get rid of a few of them........that blows!

I was referring to getting both bow and late muzzy any sex tags under landowners....I have a paid statewide tag but like to hunt in the late season as well and I know I can get 2 buck tags for that season....one landowner and one statewide....I was just trying to maybe get rid of a few CULL bucks in the area....there are some 2 1/2" year old 14" spikes running around that aren't going to balloon into nothing.....hoping I could just get rid of a few of them........that blows!
Nope; you can't get both free.

Top Bottom