Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Landowner tag question

Bearman205

Every year I get a statewide and landowner tag for bow season; haven’t gun hunted in years just cause I lost interest in it. However I’m thinking about going this year and had a question about how my tags might work. So the main reason I’ve decided to gun hunt is because I know guys are coming off the neighboring property during 1st and 2nd season and I figure the best way to catch them is to be out there and I might as well be hunting if I’m going to be sitting out there anyways. If I continue to get my normal statewide and landowner tags for bow season is it possible for me to get a statewide for 1st season gun and a landowner for 2nd season? I honestly don’t even care if I get a deer during gun season just trying to figure out a way to be in the timber during these times; maybe I just need to throw some orange on and sit in my stand with no gun; just looking at my options. Thanks for any input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You get:
- 1 bow any sex tag
- 1 gun any sex tag (have to pick between early muz, 1st shotgun, 2nd shotgun, late muz)
- 3 landowner doe tag, 1 landowner any sex tag (which you have to pick a season and it sounds like you pick archery)

So to answer your question, yes you can.

Edit: you would want to allocate/specify your landowner doe tags to the gun season (they would be good for both 1st and 2nd), this would allow you to hunt both shotgun seasons.

Last edited:
You get:
- 1 bow any sex tag
- 1 gun any sex tag (have to pick between early muz, 1st shotgun, 2nd shotgun, late muz)
- 3 landowner doe tag, 1 landowner any sex tag (which you have to pick a season and it sounds like you pick archery)

So to answer your question, yes you can.

Edit: you would want to allocate/specify your landowner doe tags to the gun season (they would be good for both 1st and 2nd), this would allow you to hunt both shotgun seasons.
What if you choose late muzz for your gun tag but use your bow? Do you tag the buck with the gun tag even though you used a bow?

What if you choose late muzz for your gun tag but use your bow? Do you tag the buck with the gun tag even though you used a bow?
If you already filled your regular bow tag yes you would use your late muz tag. If you didn’t fill your regular bow tag yet, I would just use that. Then you could technically still fill your late muz tag. I could be wrong though so definitely check the regs first.

Landowner gun tag is valid both “shotgun” seasons last I knew.

Every year I get a statewide and landowner tag for bow season; haven’t gun hunted in years just cause I lost interest in it. However I’m thinking about going this year and had a question about how my tags might work. So the main reason I’ve decided to gun hunt is because I know guys are coming off the neighboring property during 1st and 2nd season and I figure the best way to catch them is to be out there and I might as well be hunting if I’m going to be sitting out there anyways. If I continue to get my normal statewide and landowner tags for bow season is it possible for me to get a statewide for 1st season gun and a landowner for 2nd season? I honestly don’t even care if I get a deer during gun season just trying to figure out a way to be in the timber during these times; maybe I just need to throw some orange on and sit in my stand with no gun; just looking at my options. Thanks for any input.

If you use landowner tag for shotgun you can use the tag for both shotgun seasons.

Another question..If I have a resident bow tag, can I hunt during the late muzzleloader, or do I need a late muzz tag in addition to my bow tag to hunt this season? I will not be using a muzzleloader, just a bow. I know I can use my bow during this season, I'm just not sure if I need a late muzz tag to do it.

Another question..If I have a resident bow tag, can I hunt during the late muzzleloader, or do I need a late muzz tag in addition to my bow tag to hunt this season? I will not be using a muzzleloader, just a bow. I know I can use my bow during this season, I'm just not sure if I need a late muzz tag to do it.
Don't need a muzzy tag. A bow tag is also valid during the LM season. Also referred to the late split of archery season

You should get the following:
- bow any sex
- late muzzleloader any sex (can still use your bow)
- land-owner shotgun 1&2 any sex

Now you can legally harvest a buck (or 3) the entire calendar

Top Bottom