Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Large midget :)

Skully

PMA Member
Small two year old or a big Jake, whatever you want to call it that's what I ended up with on my first 3rd season outing. :D Two toms were yammering on an oak ridge at 7 am so I decided to pack up and give chase. Seems the reason they were strutting and gobbling their heads off was because of a lone hen still yelping in the roost tree above them. When she seen me slipping up towards the toms she spooked and flew off in the other direction. :mad: The toms followed suit and in no time they were barely within earshot of me. I decided to do some stealthy big timber ridge-line sneaking to get as close as I could to them and try to draw them away. In my pursuit I managed to spook a whole herd of deer that of course HAD to run right at the turks I was trying to stalk! To my surprise the deer running by didn't phase them. They kept strutting and gobbling! I belly crawled up to an old dead log and rested my trusty Remington 12 ga on it and gave them a few soft purrs with my mouth call. They were jacked up and both turned 180* and came strutting straight at me! One had a red head and one had a white head so I of course picked out old whitey and gave him a face full of #5's at about 30 paces. He took it pretty hard and didn't even flop! :D When I picked him up I could tell he was a pretty good bird but he only had a 7 inch beard and just shy of 3/4" spurs. He ended up weighing just over 21 lbs. Weirdest formed bird I've ever shot but it felt good to have a hunt go like it should and now that my partner and I have tagged large-midget birds we can concentrate on trophy class animals from here on out. :D :way: Good luck to those out chasing this week!

Large midget bird:

picture.php

I'll happily shoot a 2-year-old every year. No question.

Way to go!!
:way:

TurkeyGasm strikes yet again!!!!!

Always remember that the tallest midget is usually the toughest!

Lets be honest, noone likes a blowout, we're a fourth quarter team. Heck, I may not even go out this weekend just to add some suspense.

No legal turkey gets a pass in front of my blind...

Congrats on a fun hunt, and that's an outstanding picture :way:

NWBuck

TurkeyGasm strikes yet again!!!!!

Always remember that the tallest midget is usually the toughest!

Lets be honest, noone likes a blowout, we're a fourth quarter team. Heck, I may not even go out this weekend just to add some suspense.

Yes, I was thinking of putting a patch over my good eye and tying one hand behind my back all the while still using my slate call. :D

And dedgeez I am using that "midget at a urinal" line the first chance I get, maybe tonight at my boys baseball practice! Too funny! :grin: :way:

Top Bottom