Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

largest spike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jonny</div><div class="ubbcode-body">iowaoutdoors.org is the place to argue... </div></div>

No bashing here, honest question. What is the difference between a spike and tineless main beam? Is there a difference?

My avatar is definitely a spike. I think of spikes as sticking straight up. If it comes up and starts to sweep forward, I lean towards calling it a beam. Subtle difference and probably a pointless distinction (pardon the pun /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif ).

Had a buddy a few years back pass on a super spike in IL on public land. He told me it's the only deer that he regrets not shooting. He said he was a big old mature buck with about 20" spikes like jnrbronc's only 16" bigger.

I wish he was videoing back then.

My dad years back shot a spike on accident while shooting at a doe running. The buck had huge bases and about 8" spikes...pretty good cull buck. Glad the accident happened

Shot this spike 2005 bow season. Right side was 13 inches and left was 12 inches. Deer weighed 185 pounds. I just wish I would have saved them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johng9662</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Shot this spike 2005 bow season. Right side was 13 inches and left was 12 inches. Deer weighed 185 pounds. I just wish I would have saved them. </div></div>

Here he is.
spike.JPG

Top Bottom