Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Laser tipped broadhead.

jc64241

I was just going through my new magazine from sportsman guide and found the new spot-on laser broad head. I just and to post this. I would of never of thought something like this existed. What is everyone else's thoughts?

Every year when hunting magazines come out with the new gear it gets more advanced and more advantageous for the hunter. Seeing this post makes me wonder if we will ever get too great of an advantage to the point where more laws are passed to keep hunting a fair chase and kill.

If you think about the actual trajectory of an arrow this will not work, based on different speeds and draw weights of peoples bow, I saw the same thing in the sportsmans guide which says accurate out to 70 yards and if you think about it realistically, If you take a guy shooting 28" draw length (average) and 55lb bow we'll say a mathews Creed, and guy with the same drawlength and a 70lb PSE Omen Max, and the same arrow but different spines, their trajectories will be way different. the lazer will be point a lot higher than the target out at 70 yards due to the drop it will have by the time it gets there compared to the guy with the OMEN. SO how can you point that laser at your target up to 70yards away (their Claim not mine) and expect your arrow to shoot like a bullet?

If you think about the actual trajectory of an arrow this will not work, based on different speeds and draw weights of peoples bow, I saw the same thing in the sportsmans guide which says accurate out to 70 yards and if you think about it realistically, If you take a guy shooting 28" draw length (average) and 55lb bow we'll say a mathews Creed, and guy with the same drawlength and a 70lb PSE Omen Max, and the same arrow but different spines, their trajectories will be way different. the lazer will be point a lot higher than the target out at 70 yards due to the drop it will have by the time it gets there compared to the guy with the OMEN. SO how can you point that laser at your target up to 70yards away (their Claim not mine) and expect your arrow to shoot like a bullet?

Because everything you read on the Internet must be true.......

It also doubles as a range finder, so it knows the distance and automatically corrects it's point of aim which has been pre-calibrated to your specific arrow trajectory??? I have no clue, but that would be neat. :way:

I think they had a typo and it is accurate from 0 - 7 yards, not 70. Obviously it is a gimmick that wil not work due to the trajectory of an arrow. Not only will it not work on differing types of bows, it will not work on any bow out past maybe 25 yards. At best it would mimick a one pin sight or scope on a bow.

Anyone hear about Rage's new project? It's a step above this, they are working on a broadhead that can detect rythems and vibrations, i.e. a heartbeat.

Top Bottom