Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Last Bird for '05

sschlicher

BrokenArrow
My 05 season is over, 2nd bird down yesterday afternoon @ 2:45pm. Who says the old boys don't strut and answer your calls in the afternoon.

After being on the wrong ridge yesterday morning, I went back got some lunch and regrouped. I new they were using an hay field in the afternoon. I headed back out about 1:30, only to find them all ready in the hay field EARLY, but the lay of the land on this spot worked to my advantage. There is a creek running right through the middle of the field with about 10 foot banks and tree lined. I got down in the creek, snuck up stream about 150 yards and peered up over the bank. The old boy was about 80 yards away in the field. I crawled up over the bank and setup under a cedar tree. Gave a few soft calls and he was on his way, struttin and runnin. He acted like he hadn't been with a hen all week. He closed the distance quick and by 2:20pm I was standing over him after a perfect 14yd shot.

rough measures
24lb. 3oz
10 3/16" beard
1 3/8" spurs.

Great end to a perfect season.

3927Turkey2005-med.jpg

Top Bottom