Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Last Hurrah

SaskGuy

Summer vacation is pretty much toast and Wed. will find us back at school. I took the boys to the cabin last weekend for one last fishing trip, just us. Sat. we were kept off the lake b/c of wind. Sunday we got out and Taiter struck first.
1093-www2.jpg

We also kept some pike to eat as boneless cold water pike = MMMMMM
1093-www3.jpg

1093-www4.jpg

We stayed until late Monday as we went out again and the walleye bite was great, nothing with much size but we brought home a couple feeds. :drink2:

I decided yesterday that I needed to try a close by lake this morning one last time. The fish there seem a bit more "daylight picky" than most places so I woke Reid up at 5 this morning and despite the rain, we went for another kick at the cat. It paid off.
1093-mustus2.jpg

Dad's good one. The thing had the tail end of a very large cisco in it's throat yet.

1093-mustus.jpg

I am extremely pleased that my 6yr old boat partner not only holds the boat at the dock during launch as well as carried fish from the livewell to the fillet table but he also is learning the camera.
1093-www.jpg

It is kind of bittersweet looking back on the summer. I've had so much fun fishing with the boys and the freedom to go "anytime" is over for another year. Reid is absolutely fishing crazy and I can only hope that one day, if I'm still alive when he's my age that he remembers these days and chooses to once again spend some time fishing with his dad, who has loved every minute of this years fishing excursions.

Good stuff there. I know I won't ever forget the times my dad took me out to do something with the outdoors. I'm sure your kids won't either!

Looks like a great time!! With all of the quality time you spend with them, I have a hunch your boys won't leave you in the dust when they grow up. :D

Awesome!!! I can't wait to get back from Alabama and take my kids fishing, even if its Northern AZ trout stocker lakes.

Love your posts man. Every time you post about your sons it makes me think about how I can't wait for my son to be old enough to join me.

Your sons are truly lucky Kaare...without a doubt those boys will be closer to you because of the time you are devoting to raising them in the outdoors, you'll have hunting and fishing partners for life.

Oh...and nice fish!

Top Bottom