Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Last minute muzzle loader buck

luv2hunt

Managed to fill the late season smoke pole license with a half hour to go!

Decided to give it one last go today so I burned a half day of vacation and headed for the timber. Got set-up about 3:30 and at 5:00 heard something to my right. I slowly turned my head expecting a turkey and there was a decent buck standing 40 yds. away looking directly at me and my trusty muzzle loader sitting conveniently on my lap! He finally decided that I wasn't anything to be concerned about and proceeded to walk across in front of me at about 30 yds. When he finally crossed behind a tree I was able to raise the gun and get off a shot. He ran about 50 yds. and expired. It made braving the elements well worth it! Can't wait to start chasing those spring Toms!!

What does decent mean, are you going to mount it. How big would he be next year.

Hopefully there will be a pic. soon, I sent one to Ia Whitetail to get posted. He was a 10 pt. w/ 18" spread and 9" g2's. He didn't have much mass but he's the biggest buck I've taken. I plan on bleaching the skull and displaying him that way.

Decent!?!?!?
Sounds like an awesome buck to me!
Congratulations on the last minute buck.
I got my buck early muzzel that way!

Congratulations! Way to hang in there.

Only the hunter needs to be satisfied with the results of his hunting
wink.gif

Top Bottom