Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Last reward

HighJumper

Had a great nontypical come out last night and browse turnips about an half hour before sunset last night. Grunt and snort wheeze got him to 80 yards, but no closer. I was disappointed to see a southwest for the morning. I had to set up several hundred yards east of where I wanted to be set up for the NonTypical. As the sun came up I noticed last reward looking my way from a tall grass hillside about 100 yards away. I glassed him and decided with the tall brows and matching g2 stickers, he looked good to go. I grabbed the horns and slowly leaned behind the tree I was in to give them a go out of his sight. Short sequence and I set them back dowdn and looked his way. He was running at me! I grabbed the bow out of the wolf jaws and positioned myself for a shot on the other side of the tree. The buck had stopped behind the tree and I wasn't sure where he was for a few seconds until he started running again. 20 yards and going by quickly, I grunted when he was about 5 yards from a shooting lane. He stopped with his head and neck in the lane, but most of his kill zone was obscured by brush. I was at full draw and we were looking directly at each other. I located a hole in the top of the lung area, settled my 20 yard pin and let the arrow fly. What a morning. Total gross at 169" After harvest I realized I have a shed from him from last year. He went from a real heavy 8 to a real heavy 10 frame with two stickers. Figured him for 4.5 last year, so probably a 5.5 year old. A little bitter sweet knowing I will not own this farm next fall, but gotta look foreward and enjoy the property while I can. I have ten days to hunt the non-typical before work kicks back in. He is a stud. I am hoping this deer wont be my last reward from owning this farm, but it very well may be.
There are some additional harvest pics in the additional photos portion of my land ad. Good luck to all. Shaping up to be a fall to remember

07_honeyhole.jpg

Beautiful buck! You have 10 days left? I bet we see you in here again with Mr Nontypical and this will hardly be your last reward if you can still shed hunt the place in the spring.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: REDTRUCKBED</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Awesome buck. How do you get 2 buck tags for Bow season? </div></div>

One landowners tag and one state wide.

I see your price of $200,000.00 for 80 acres. Wow I am impressed!you are quite the SCAM ARTIST !

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T Sikora</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I see your price of $200,000.00 for 80 acres. Wow I am impressed!you are quite the SCAM ARTIST ! </div></div>

I hope you are kidding. As a comparison, a remote tract of ground I have been interested in just hit the market this last week. 160 acres at $3,500.00/acre figures out to be $560,000.00. It is not prime housing development and is far from top grade ag land. I bet the sellor will get close to asking price for this tract which is half timbered deep ravines, the other half is hay ground on the tops.

I think HighJumper's tract is reasonably priced, but that's just my opinion.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JNRBRONC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T Sikora</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I see your price of $200,000.00 for 80 acres. Wow I am impressed!you are quite the SCAM ARTIST ! </div></div>

I hope you are kidding. As a comparison, a remote tract of ground I have been interested in just hit the market this last week. 160 acres at $3,500.00/acre figures out to be $560,000.00. It is not prime housing development and is far from top grade ag land. I bet the sellor will get close to asking price for this tract which is half timbered deep ravines, the other half is hay ground on the tops.

I think HighJumper's tract is reasonably priced, but that's just my opinion. </div></div>

I was thinking the same. Not a bad price at all IMO. There's ground that goes a hell of a lot higher around me, in NE Iowa, and don't hold that caliber of deer either. If I had the money, I'd buy it. There's some serious gaggers around there. OBVIOUSLY!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T Sikora</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I see your price of $200,000.00 for 80 acres. Wow I am impressed!you are quite the SCAM ARTIST !</div></div>

Dude registers in '02, lurks around for 5 years and here's his first post. Nice.

Nice buck!!! Awesome piece of ground you have also, and at 2500 bucks an acre, that is very reasonable (for Iowa). Lets not let this thread turn into an argument over land price, its high in Iowa, very high, and crop ground is double what highjumper is asking. T Sikora, if you want to talk land prices, start a new thread. Lets just give high fives to highjumper for his monster.

Also, I gotta ask, you only carry two arrows with you? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T Sikora</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I see your price of $200,000.00 for 80 acres. Wow I am impressed!you are quite the SCAM ARTIST ! </div></div>

T Sikora

Get a life!

Great deer! Can't wait to see that non-typ, you'll nail him! Sounds like you put in the blood, sweat and tears to deserve him.

CCK

First of all...hell of a nice buck Highjumper. I highly doubt this is your last reward from that piece of ground. I really bet we see you on here with the non typical in the next 10 days that you have to hunt him.

Second...I was shocked to see that the ground was going for ONLY 200K! My wife and I were talking last night - if we lived within a reasoable distance to hunt that ground we would sell our house and live in a trailer to own that ground and have the deer like that. If you went in with a partner on that ground that is very affordable. Your photo gallery alone should sell that property in a heart beat. Lucky man whoever ends up with it.

Highjumper- Congrats on a nice deer, good luck on the non-typical.

TSikora- at $2500/acre that land sounds like a decent buyers price. Decent hunting land in SE Indiana goes for more than that.

Great buck! Best of luck on the non-typ too!

By the way, $2,500 and acre is about $1,000 an acre TOO CHEAP!

Top Bottom