Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Late Muzzleloader Buck

hunthoyt

I had very limited time to hunt the late muzzleloader season since I used up most of my vacation time during bow season. I had the 8th and 9th of January off and knew the deer would be hitting the food pretty hard. I decided to set up on a bean field that hadnt been completely picked by the farmer. I had left this spot alone since Nov 15th because I didnt want any pressure on the deer so when this time of year came I could slip in to my stand and from my scouting the previous days the deer were feeding pretty early. Unfortunately I spotted 2 of my shooters had shed one side so my hopes sunk that it may be too late to take a good buck but I had to give it a shot. I slipped into my stand by 2pm and by 2:30 I had does filing by my stand to the field. at approximately 4:15 I saw this buck slipping behind me with 3 does and was able to make a 75yd shot with my CVA Accura V2 using Barnes TMZ's and he dropped in his tracks. Unfortunately I must have got to excited when I saw him and still carrying both sides of his rack I didnt take my time to notice he was a buck I had numerous trailcam pics of and he was on my do not shoot list. I guess the benefit is my two shooters will be bigger next year...Cant wait to start finding sheds soon!
picture.php

Top Bottom