Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Late Muzzleloader success

kelcher

Here is a pick of the buck that I shot with my muzzleloader yesterday. He was coming out to eat before the snow, and I happened to be in the right spot. After the shot I took my stand and gun back to the truck before we looked for him. When I put my gun away I noticed that my scope base was loose. Because of that I was sure that the shot had missed, but we ended up finding him with a nice hole through his lungs about 70 - 80 yards from where I shot him. This year has been good to me.
293P1030022-med.jpg

That is a great buck. Congrats. Those are big hills for C.R.
grin.gif

I curious, what time of the day did he show himself?

beerchug.gif
Way to go!! What a nice deer. Lady luck was sure with you when you found out your scope was loose. Makes the story and the hunt even more exciting. Congrats again!!!
applause.gif

He showed up late in the evening. I was surprised that he was the first one that came to the field. Usually the young ones or does show up first.

SSSweeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttt! Awesome buck and very cool picture. Thanks for sharing!
sniper.gif

I'm not sure what he would score, but probably not too high with the broken brow tine. I'll have to take a tape to him when I get him back. The only measurements I took were rough. 22inch inside spread and the first circumference past the brow tine was about 5 1/4 inches.

Top Bottom