Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Late Season Camera Usage

Shredder

Life Member
As soon as the gun season winds down and the deer get on the late season food sources, it becomes a great time to get the cameras back out as see which bucks have survived the season (so far). Main travel paths en route to the feeding from bedding and vice versa seen to be the best locations to get a ton of pics. Even setting on field edges can yield some nice photos.

Remember to check you cams more often as the cold will have a more power drain effect on the batteries and subsequent unit shutdown.

This can also be your tool to find the bucks feeding areas and key place to start you late winter/early spring shed hunting ventures.

Good Luck and post your best pictures for us to view.

Shredder,
Do you have any problems with moisture when the temps drop? I just put my cameras back out today and was a little concerned. Approximately how long will the batteries last in vmans cams in the cold?

Thinking rut,
It would be a good idea to get some dessicant packs to put into the camera cases. They help for sure. As far as the batteries, well the two double AA's wont last all that long unfortunatly. Are you still using NimH's? My guess is about half the time you were seeing before. The cold does a number on them. Although if it stays this warm who knows.

Top Bottom