Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Late Season Hard Water

bowhuntr311

IowaWhitetail Addict
So most of you guys are probably shed hunting and getting your turkey calls warmed...

Well, up till last weekend there was still ankle deep snow in the woods so my shed hunting has been rather slow and with day time temps in the 40s I figured its time to put a limit or two on the last ice of the year.

6445-lateice.jpg

Took me about an hour to pull my limit of sunnys in 6ft of water and then I moved out to deep water (32ft) to pick up some crappies. I spose I fished for another hour for the 8 I got then I packed it up. I coulda had more if I wouldnt of fouled up the line on best rod. Hard to get a new rig tied in the dark with cold fingers when the bobber on the other pole is going down every 3min.

These were from Wednesday night and we had 18-20inches of ice. This afternoon I took the father-in-law out there in the rain to find we only have 12inches left...and the fish werent biting. Last year at this time we were fishing them outta the boat already.

Top Bottom