Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Late season hunting advise?

miff007

Well this week is it for many of us, I have not been out since November. Any observations of deer activity or lack thereof, any strategy advise on the current weather conditions?

I usually only hunt evenings for late Muzzy/Bow is it worth trying something different AM or midday?

What have you been seeing?

Beans, Corn, grass, timber?

Any advise appreciated by myself and others I am sure...

I have only hunted two days right off the bat. Seen more action in the morning than the evening but was hunting deep in the timber. I have the 5th through the 10th off work to get it done and cannot wait till Wednesday morning!! I think I am going to not focus on fields so much and hunt in the timber a 100 yards or so. From what I am hearing they arent moving until the last 5 minutes. Without the snow it will make it tough.

I have hunted 11 days of late muzz so far... seeing a lot of does on beans, corn, and hay.... but can't seem to find any bucks.... not sure.....

Well from my observations and my trail cams good movement from 8 30 to 11 and then picks back up from 3 30 to dark. My sister shot a doe tonight, one out of six that came out in the field at 3 15. That was in a cornfield. Deer that are around are hitting beans good and corn fairly well in evening and bedding up on ridges in morning and feeding around their bedding spots during mid morning all I know so far to help anyone from what ive been seeing the past week.

well i have been going in the evenings and all i see is does in the corn.. for the first week i went in the morning too and nothing...

I have been hunting evenings since the first (2:30-dark).

I haven’t seen much, but I did see big buck last night. He was across the fence only 100 yards away, but I didn’t have permission to hunt the property. I got permission today for the property where I saw the big one and went out tonight……….nothing.

I am headed out in the morning to set up in the timber edges. I hope to catch them coming back to bed? I plan to start hunting mornings and evenings.

I have been watching a herd behind my house since before christmas. They are coming out to feed in the corn stubble an hour before dark almost every night.

Was out last night and hunted a trail between two fields in some CRP.. Didn't see anything until I left and they were already in the corn field. Must be bedding in the timber next to the corn. Seen zip in the bean field.. Gonna hunt them hard this weekend though.. Bottom of the 9th with 2 out..

Sat yesterday morning until about 10:30 in timber with little luck. Went out last night and sat the edge of the corn and had about 20 or so does come in around 4-4:15. We had 2 bucks tied up and fighting down the fence row from us and I dropped a nice 8 with my bow at about 4:30. Seemed like the last hour of daylight was best on the food source.

Went out tonight, had no movement until last hour. Out driving around earlier and saw quite a few out in the fields. Had a true giant 20 minutes before dark but never got closer than 200 yards. Don't have a scope on the muzzy yet, new gun......Don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight!

Went this morning had 5 does posting up in the timber on a pinch point on the ridge today at 7 and then again at 8. I would have shot them had I been able to keep my eyes open so my trail camera told the story for me. Big bucks seem to be way back in the timber laying real low till last light and hour before light to move.

Top Bottom