Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Late Season Motivational Post

medicsnoke

It's getting late in the season and many guys are talking the blues about not seeing many mature bucks, missing a big buck or some that are simply burnt out. This post The Season Grind; Second Chance Bucks and the one I made two days ago, Late Show Bucks, are meant to provide you some encouragement and get you back out in the woods. I feel very strongly that late season is THE VERY BEST CHANCE to harvest a fully mature buck. Especially when we have weather like we are having now and is forecasted. Get out there and hammer a slob, then report back to this post and share your success! Happy New year guys!

This is a 196" buck that I "missed" back in 2002 and was later shot by another hunter. It would have been easy to give up on my season. A few weeks later, I shot my best whitetail (at that time) for a great second chance buck. Thats when I learned, the archery season is a marathon, not s sprint. We can see the finish line but we are not there yet.
Thanks for viewing
Corey
02-RevengeSteve-Corey-Buck-1_zps7fc20177.jpg

Been experience around my place, that after 3 months of people trying to kill them,,bucks are very shy to come out,until dark. Even does are a bit shakey. If you have a large piece of property. Some good standing food, and can watch deer enter the edges from a distance, still a decent chance for hunger to bring one out.

Not hardly seeing does let alone bucks right now but I know they have to start feeding heavy or starve. Really tough hunting right now but no giving up in me!

Many hrs of dark and moonlight for them to play, when humans are inside! What would you do after being hunted for 3 months?

Top Bottom