Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Layer

hawkjosh22

I bought a new set of bibs and coat from Under Armour last year, they look like this:
10207821_is
41QfGlynThL._AA300_.jpg

The pattern matches and the bibs and coat are a little different than the pictures, but you get my drift.

The problem I have is that they are perfect for bow-hunting, weather wise, but when I hunt shotgun they are a little on the cold side. I wear the Under Armour base layer (the cold gear like thermal underwear) but I need something to wear over that under my bibs and coat. I've tried sweatpants and jeans. Sweatpants do not work for me, still too cold, and I just can't stand Jeans, they are so stiff in the winter.

I'm trying to find a good layer in between the base layer, and the bibs/coat, without much luck.

Do you know anything good for my bottom layer? My upper half I usually wear a turtlneck long sleeve, and a fleece layer. I like that U/A vest a lot, might have to look into that so I don't have so much bulk in my sleeves.

Look into a good pair of fleece wader liner pants. Those over UA keep me warm when fly fishing 42 degree tailwaters all day. I could probably loan you a thicker pair if you are interested.

Last edited:
Look into a good pair of fleece wader liner pants. Those over IS keep me warm when fly fishing 42 degree tailwaters all day. I could probably loan you a thicker pair if you are interested.

I am definitely interested, i'm looking at some right now as well! :drink2:

Polar tec in a fleece liner is excellent. KUIU 185 and 285 merino bottoms are another option and the best IMO as you can layer.

I've got a good pair designed for going under duck hunting waders and they are a little small on me. PM me if you are interested.

Top Bottom