Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Left or Right Helical? Help Please.

Seth

I'm to the point now where I have accumulated enough arrows with torn up fletches that it would be in my best interest to start refletching my own and quit buying new. I have heard talk of putting helical twist on your fletches to help stabilize an arrow with a broadhead. My question is this: I am a right handed shooter and I shoot a drop away rest, does it make a difference if I put a left or right helical twist on my arrow?

Right now I'm looking at a Bitzenburger dial o fletch. I've heard nothing but good reviews. I just don't want to spend all the money and figure out I've gotten the wrong clamp for it. Any other tips would help greatly. Thanks

Seth.

It doesnt matter left or right helical (spin) your arrow will fly the same. I think most common is right, I blieve it is to help keep broadheads tight is one reason. Alot of people just have a straight clamp and they offset the vane/feather.

I think the right or left helical only matters when you shoot a stick bow and use your hand as the arrow rest. That's what I was told anyway. :rolleyes:

I think the right or left helical only matters when you shoot a stick bow and use your hand as the arrow rest. That's what I was told anyway. :rolleyes:

Yup a lot of right handed shooters will use left helical so they don't cut up their hand.

Top Bottom