Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Legal Question?

D

deerman

Can a friend callin deer for a bowhunter if he has no weopon in his possesion or deer tag?

I believe that the law states that your freind may not aid you in any shape or form without a liscense and tag, if the game warden wants to get down right picky a freind can not even tell that a deer is coming your way without a tag. I may be wrong but that is what is taught by our local hunters ed instructors and game warden.

No--as the previous post noted he would have to be licensed to hunt deer.

Doug Clayton

State Conservation Officer

So does this mean that all of the videographers for the hunting videos must be licensced and have a tag as well? I'm sure they never assist in the hunt though.

Thanks Blind Sow,But heres the arguement with my friend.He thinks another bowhunter that has filled his tag can call or rattle deer in for a bowhunter that needs a tag filled.He said the part of the tag that doesn't go on the deer is a license.Please reply so I can get this settled.I told him once the tag is filled,your done,the tag is the license.Thanks!!!!!!

Interesting point. I too have seen videos of hunts in Iowa where the cameraman grunts while the hunter is at full draw to stop the deer.
Is this illegal?

Deerman - I know my comment is late but - if party hunting is legal in Iowa (all hunters in a group can hunt until all tags are filled while the season is open) and the caller had a tag he'd already filled then wouldn't it be as legal as party hunting? Or is the concept of party hunting only legal for shotgun season.

For bowhunting and muzzleloader seasons if your friend has a license that is used, then he can help you. By used I mean, he shot a deer and used the "transportation tag" part of the license. He still has the license and can be your guide. Your friend can't shoot it but he can call or whatever.

During shotgun season he can shoot it for you if his license is a shotgun license for same zone/season.

Blindsow can correct me if I'm wrong.

Top Bottom