Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Legality Question

turtlshell

PMA Member
A local farmer has proven crop damage and is in poessesion of 75 depredation tags. Is it legal for me to ask him if I can fill a tag or ten for him as long as I still have my paid bow tag unfilled...this guy is the tenant to a farm that I hunt so I'm sure the deer on that farm qualify, I just don't want to break any laws by being the trigger man.

Basically I guess I'm wondering if I can save myself $150 in deer tags this year and help him fill his personal quota...while also fulfilling mine. I know some guys that hunt this farmers ground have been told to stack them up or they'll lose their rights to hunt his land and this guy won't be with the hunters when they harvest the deer.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Your bow tag, whether filled or not, has no bearing on these tags.

I thought that the eligible landowner was issued a series of numbers that the hunter takes to the ELISA station to buy the depredation tag. When you buy it, I'm pretty sure you have to state season/weapon of choice and all normal laws for that season are enforced (and you hunt the landowners property, obviously).

I wonder if he has groups of tags for different seasons. When I checked into the program, I would have had to buy blocks of ten licenses for specific seasons, i.e. early muzzle, bow, 1st shotgun, etc.

Things have changed with this program since I inquired, so it might be completely different now.

See this DNR release.

I thought whether they were state tags or depredation tags they still cost the same price. The only difference is you are buying them for one landowner.

I checked into it and the landowner does get a number. Then the hunters have to go purchase the tags for $12 each. I was trying to save some money by not buying so many tags. But it was going to cost me the same amount either way. I think they used to do it where they would give the farmer a bunch of tags and each hunter could fill 3 of them. But this year they are charging the hunters the same price as if you were to buy an antlerless tag allotted to the county you are hunting in.

you know our DNR, out of one side of their head, the tell us to kill more and more deer, and make more and more tags available.

out of the other side of their head, they are still trying to rake every possible nickel from us they can.

dep. tags, doe tags in counties that NEVER sell out should be dirt cheap

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Agreed </div></div>

Thanks for info, I think I'll just stick to my original plan. I'm seriously doubting the farmer is going to pay $900 for doe tags.

Legality question huh.... Duh, this has a pretty straight forward and simple answer actually....

Well, if you look at Article 7 of Section 4, you'll see an amendment to the clause of rightful title but dependant on deviations of prior precedent. The dissertation and speculation of hearsay has been overturned for the meaningful judgment of foundation. With that said the overturning of article 12 creates and situation where hearsay applies but doesn't render verdict. Oh, Judge Judy is coming back on, sorry I can't finish answering your question; I hope what I wrote is sufficient?!?!?
?!?!?

Top Bottom