Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Legislator looking for some input

ElkHunter

Life Member
One of the sportsman friendly legislators has been asked to introduce legislation to allow partying hunting in muzzleload season.He is looking for some guidance/advise/opinions.

Need a yes or no and a short reason why (Bonker I said SHORT)

Thanks

Isn't the whole point of Muzzle loader season to give hunters a chance to have less competition?

I only bought my Muzzy because Muzzy season corresponds with my Christmas vacation from work. I would prefer to use my Shotgun to hunt, or if they would allow High Powered rifles in more counties.

I don't party hunt, I prefer to hunt by myself.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hope this is a joke. </div></div>

No joke.

He had a constituent tell him this would be a good idea.At least he asked for some input before it was introduced.I told him I would put on open forum so that it wouldn't just be bowhunters responding.

this is horrible idea and one that will have a negative impact on Iowa residents who hunt late muzzleloader.

i wish they'd do away with party hunting all together as it gives an excuse for some hunters to take more bucks than they deserve, not to mention a loop hole for more NR's to hunt here every year. (as already stated)

bad call and i would never support such an idea....

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I think most people like to muzzleload hunt by themselves.

Just another loophole like stated for more NR to try for a buck on someone elses tag.

Definitely not for it.

Boy...I really hate to even venture into this one because I personally detest party hunting period. Having said that I don't want to stir up a hornets nest with those that party hunt legally, under existing laws.

Iowa is one of the few states to allow what IMO is a terrible and unethical prcatice, so I would fight tooth and nail to keep it from becoming legal in any other seasons.

Oh.ya...keep it short... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Party hunting is unethical because it encourages "group hunting" where by hunters engage in dangerous activity shooting at running jumping wildly fleeing deer and then...put SOMEONE elses tag on what they harvest!!!

This practice has been loudly condemed in every other state and it's ludcrious to think we are the only state that could not possibly control our deer herd with out party hunting!!! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

Gee I wonder how other states manage????? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif

Ok...now that my blood pressure is boiling...I'll stop there Randy and you can pick whatever "short version" might be helpful... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

I think you would see the integrity of the season ruined if party hunting is allowed. People hunt late muzz for an opportunity to gun hunt in peace without the masses of people that participate during shotgun.

You also have bowhunters in the timber that time of year. Not a good combination for the deer driving masses that are common with party hunting.

Just a couple reasons off the top of my head....I'm sure we can come up with some more...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think you would see the integrity of the season ruined if party hunting is allowed. People hunt late muzz for an opportunity to gun hunt in peace without the masses of people that participate during shotgun.

You also have bowhunters in the timber that time of year. Not a good combination for the deer driving masses that are common with party hunting.

Just a couple reasons off the top of my head....I'm sure we can come up with some more... </div></div>

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: River Bttm Boy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Agree, when I'm sitting in full camo, no need for running shots at running deer nearby !

Also, the whole intent of the post shot-gun season, be it bow or muzzleloader, was "Primitive Weapons".

No! For all the reasons mentioned above, safety being the number one reason. I don't think that we will ever see it go awat for shotgun season but to add it to another season would be a huge step in the wrong direction. I do appreciate him being open to disucussion though! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: River Bttm Boy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I think you would see the integrity of the season ruined if party hunting is allowed. People hunt late muzz for an opportunity to gun hunt in peace without the masses of people that participate during shotgun.

Just a couple reasons off the top of my head....I'm sure we can come up with some more...

</div></div>

Exactly. And what next, party hunting for bow season. Lets go one year without changing any hunting laws. If we have to change one, lets get a dove season in place. I still can't figure out how that can be so difficult to get.

I would not support party hunting during Late Muzz.

I echo many of the thoughts above on destroying the integrity of the season. I enjoy the peace and quiet.

I do party hunt during 2nd shotgun, and I hunt late muzz. I agree that to allow party hunting during late muzz would be a mistake and IMO ruin late muzz season.

If people want to party hunt with muzzleloaders- they can do that during shotgun season. No support from here. On the other hand if you have 3-or 4 guys with muzzleloaader tags why can't they do a deer drive and just shoot your own deer? No filling anyones elses tags.

Top Bottom