Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Legislator looking for some input

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Quote:I think you would see the integrity of the season ruined if party hunting is allowed. People hunt late muzz for an opportunity to gun hunt in peace without the masses of people that participate during shotgun.

You also have bowhunters in the timber that time of year. Not a good combination for the deer driving masses that are common with party hunting.

Just a couple reasons off the top of my head....I'm sure we can come up with some more...

</div></div>

2X - I agree completely. I think the danger factor of bowhunters in the woods late season with any gun hunter is not good but party hunting takes it over the edge to just plain irresponsible.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dbltree</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Boy...I really hate to even venture into this one because I personally detest party hunting period. Having said that I don't want to stir up a hornets nest with those that party hunt legally, under existing laws.

Iowa is one of the few states to allow what IMO is a terrible and unethical prcatice, so I would fight tooth and nail to keep it from becoming legal in any other seasons. </div></div>

dbltree I am with you a 100% on this and everyone else for that fact. I will do anything and everything I have too or can do to keep this from happening. This is the most ridiculous thing I've heard of. The DNR already cannot control/handle all the issues that go on during the shotgun seasons and now the legislator wants to make it worse. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shrek1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If people want to party hunt with muzzleloaders- they can do that during shotgun season. No support from here. On the other hand if you have 3-or 4 guys with muzzleloader tags why can't they do a deer drive and just shoot your own deer? No filling anyones elses tags. </div></div>

Agree

Also, I like to bow hunt late season. I get shot at enough with the crazies with the Mini 14's and ML. Can't imagine what it would be like if there were a whole group of them.

NO!

Whether or not you bowhunt, I think late muzzy hunters like to get away from the crowds during shotgun season. IMO this would just extend the shotgun seasons longer.

Keep it the way it is!

keep it the way it is. dont politicians have anything better to do? holy freaking crap i dont understand what is wrong with people theses days. COMMON SENSE WHERE DID YOU GO???

NO.
The deer are stressed enough from party hunting during shotgun season.I also agree it would be to dangerous.I like to go after them one on one that time of year.

What are the rules and regs for the muzzleloader seasons right now? I guess I've never had that explained to me before. I don't think a guy should be able to fill anothers tag but a lot of people around here do slow pushes with small groups 2-4 guys and I've even heard of larger groups. Is this totally illegal right now? How do they enforce that? When muzzleloader hunting you have to be by yourself. That don't sound right. Guess I don't know what the rules are now.

I agree with the reasons stated. Especially the fact that the deer are pressured enough the way it is. Cripes they get hunted almost all year.

Absolutely not. Party hunting during shotgun season is bad enough. No way is allowing it during muzzy season a good idea!

On the other hand if you have 3-or 4 guys with muzzleloaader tags why can't they do a deer drive and just shoot your own deer? No filling anyones elses tags. [/quote]

I know a huge group that does that every year.

Also, I hope this is only about late muzz. can you imagine what the rut would be like for bowhunters if there were early season muzz. party hunting!

the whole idea of this is retarded!!!

Solid NO from me. Late muzzy season would merely become an extension of the shotgun season. Enough is enough. Not a fan of the big drives/party hunting.

Definitely not. One reason I love late ML season is to get away from the hoardes of hunters, and running deer. Plus, after 3 weeks of being pushed from timber to timber, the deer could use a breather.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!! Isn't ML supposed to be somewhat traditional? Relaxing/peaceful hunting that also let's the deer rest a little after being chased to death- they FINALLY move naturally by now. Basically, they would just change ML season into shotgun season- wouldn't be much difference. Totally different kind of hunting atmosphere that would ruin it for the guy like me.

No no no no no. I like the peace and quiet during LM. LM is getting more and more popular each year and every year the number of shots I hear keep going up. I used to go for a week and maybe hear two or three shots but now it's two or three a day. That's enough for me. I would hate to see party hunting allowed.

Assisting another hunter is legal during any season. Party hunting (filling another persons tag) during muzzy season, is not.

And by the way JJohnson, it is illegal to party hunt with ML's. I know a few people around here that think it's ok to do it but the fact is it is not. I think the CO's are so worn out from the shotgun seasons that they might not be out and about as much during LM season. Just a guess. I would like to see more DNR presence during LM.

Party hunting (filling someone else's tag) is not legal but you can drive deer for another hunter(s) as long as they have a valid tag for the season. This is legal during all of the deer seasons.

What Limb stated is correct, it is legal to group hunt in all seasons until your tag is filled. The groups I know who party hunt early and late muzzy get around this by purchasing doe tags. There is even one group in my area that party hunts gun 2 and late muzzy by some getting any sex tags for each season. In my opinion the dnr in their rush to kill does created these loop holes.

Short for me is 6 pages so I'll try to keep this to 3 or less.

The note Randy put up didn’t delineate between early or late. I don’t know if everybody picked up on that seeing the majority of responses discussed late season only. Bad idea in either season. To articulate the bow hunter in camouflage a little more clearly, there are more leaves on trees in early season and the muzzle loader hunter may not see the bow hunter. While late season muzzle loader party hunting may help control the deer population in places where it continues to need significant reduction it will only cause further law enforcement problems, potentially more hunting accidents and the potential to further increase the decrease in non-landowner residents finding a place to hunt.

The other point I hope you all grasp is this legislator is acting on ONE of his constituent’s requests. ONE. The power of one phone call can not be over stated. During the Deer Committee meetings there were a Representative and two different Senators in attendance. They would speak often and at length about a single phone call they got from a single constituent.

The take home message from this thread is your phone calls, letters and emails will make a difference.

The ‘Bonker

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Limb Chicken</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Assisting another hunter is legal during any season. Party hunting (filling another persons tag) during muzzy season, is not.</div></div>

This is exactly what I thought. But by everyone's responses it made it sound illegal. Legally guys can go out and push the heck out of them as long as they fill their own tags. I do think if they allowed "party hunting" or "letting you fill eachother's tags" more would participate but how much I don't know. My answer is still NO though.

I want to know when we will be asked for our opinions on dropping the November Antlerless and January Antlerless seasons. Then we'd be getting somewhere.

JJ,
If I understood correctly the November season is going away in some counties. I would almost rather see the late January season closed due to all of the shed bucks getting killed.

Top Bottom