Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Lets hear your hunting superstitions!

KANSAN

PMA Member
How many of you are superstitious about hunting? Do you have a lucky pair of boots, or a lucky hat? Do you pull a certain arrow out of your quiver for good luck? What kind of good/bad omens do you think about while hunting? Let's hear them!!

I've got a lucky flannel that I wear...I've shot a lot of deer with that shirt on so it must work! I do need to sew a couple new buttons on it but doing that my screw up its mojo so I probably won't....

I used to have a particular Cabelas shirt that for 3 years, anytime I arrowed something I happened to be wearing it. But it seemed the opposite this year! Maybe it's time for a next lucky T.

I am for sure. arrow placement, a special hat and for turkey hunting i have a certain suit that i have killed every big tom with. i go skunked everytime if i wear a different hunting suit. also, skoal cherry chew will bring in the big bucks everytime. lol

I have an old orange hat that was left over when we ran some guys off the brother-in-law's farm back in about 1984 or 5. I have worn it every gun season since. I also have a heavy chamois shirt that was my father-in-law's that I got after his death in 1994. The collar and cuffs are getting pretty frayed and the button holes are too big but I wear it shotgun season every year to refresh the memories, then wash and fold it and put it in the drawer till next year. A few years ago my wife almost threw it away. She said why do you wear that shaggy ratty old shirt? I took her into the other room and pointed to the picture of her Dad wearing that shirt while hanging a deer in the barn. Well I gotta tell you that was a mistake! After she at least slowed down on the tears, she asked " but doesn't that make you miss him?" Sure I said, but I'm also so happy to know him and get to visit once a year in the woods. She now folds it and puts it in the drawer for safety until next year when we both get to visit for a while. So nothing superstitious but very sentimental. :way:

The one thing I never do is drag the deer cart 3/4 the way to my tree / setup for just in case I shoot one. I leave it in the truck. I used to never carry my knife, but I thought maybe it would be nice to have on hand in case I had to cut my safety belt or something.

The one thing I never do is drag the deer cart 3/4 the way to my tree / setup for just in case I shoot one. I leave it in the truck. I used to never carry my knife, but I thought maybe it would be nice to have on hand in case I had to cut my safety belt or something.

Haha I still don't carry a knife. Prly should but I figured I was being to confident.:D

I have my lucky arrow in my quiver. I use all the time. Used it to kill all my deer and a turkey the last few years. So far it has pasted through everything I have shot. I know I won't be happy if it ever gets broken.

Well, mine is a little different. I've shot all my good deer when my best friend has been with me and we've been driving my truck as opposed to his. It got to the point where we just automatically drove mine! This year was the first year in several I haven't had my truck for hunting season, since I sold it. Our seasons were terrible!!! I don't think I will ever shoot another good buck now!

halloween

I hunt the same stand on Halloween every year. About 10 years ago, I had 5 bucks walk right underneath me and I shot the biggest one on Halloween, now I try to sit in that stand every year.

I wear the same hat i got when i was 12 years old. I have shot every turkey and deer I ever got with it, and won the iowa high school state trap shooting meet with it in 2008 too.

Kinda weird but Bambi the movie every year on september 30th then sit the next morning seems to do it for me and some of my hunting buddies

I always wear the same pair of jeans when I go shed hunting. They are so worn down and tattered the basically look like a rag. So faded they practically look white.

Top Bottom