Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Let's replace the high tempatures with the low tempatures.

kam582

Does anyone think that if the high's were in the mid to upper 30's, the deer might start moving. I have seen very little movement past about 0830. Had 3 young bucks today come in about 0900, along with a decent buck, and they all proceeded to bed down about 100 yards away. I couldn't stay past 1300, and sneaked out then. If the bigger buck had been better, I might have tried to get out of the commitment.

Same thing in the evening, no movement until dark. Oh, and I had a myth busted today, I guess a rub on a larger tree doesn't necessarily mean a big buck.

Click on the image to see the video.

looks like its gonna turn cooler just in time for me to go back to work next week. We can't change it, may as well play the cards we were delt and keep at it.

Does anyone think that if the high's were in the mid to upper 30's, the deer might start moving. I have seen very little movement past about 0830. Had 3 young bucks today come in about 0900, along with a decent buck, and they all proceeded to bed down about 100 yards away. I couldn't stay past 1300, and sneaked out then. If the bigger buck had been better, I might have tried to get out of the commitment.

Same thing in the evening, no movement until dark. Oh, and I had a myth busted today, I guess a rub on a larger tree doesn't necessarily mean a big buck.

Click on the image to see the video.

I think if we can get the daytime high air temperature to stay below 50 degrees we will see a big jump in daytime movement.

As far as the rub.... my experience has been that especially this time of year, most bucks especially younger bucks will rub their antlers and foreheads on the larger rubs of other bucks. They can detect the scent left by the other bucks. I doubt you will ever see a buck of this size CREATE the initial rub on a tree of this caliber.

Nice video.... Thanks for sharing.... :way:

Even up north of you guys it's hot. Gun season started Saturday, daytime mid 60s, night time lows of mid 40s, every night as soon as the sun was gone the deer were up on their feet and pinned me in the stand until they fed off. Frustrating for sure.

Last edited:
Top Bottom