Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Let's See Your Fireplace

Seth

My wife and I are building a new house as I type this and we are planning on doing a stone (lick n stick) fireplace in the livingroom that goes 13 ft. up to the top of the great room vault. At the top will of course be a shoulder mount. We haven't decided on what type of stone yet so maybe if some of you fellow IW'ers could post a pic of your stone fireplace that'd be great, and if they have a buck mount hanging over them it'd be greater. Its just hard to get a good grasp on how an entire fireplace will look just by looking at a 2 sq. ft. sample at a home store or catalog. Thanks!

Uncle has a log home up in the black hills and his fireplace is about 13-15 feet tall as well. He used slate that he picked up off the ranch when he moved there. Just an idea. Or make a few trips to the river and get some river-bed rocks

The only problem with that sort of stuff is the weight. We would have to have some sort of reinforcements under the floor joists in the basement which is where our water heaters and geo unit is sitting. That's why we r going with the lick n stick stuff. I'm more or less just looking for some visual examples here and maybe find a "look" we like, although I do appreciate the input!

picture.php

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Gas Fire Place

Just finished a small fireplace and my mancave. Didn't have much room to work with. This is a gas insert, used precast stone and finished the top with barn siding, had to use the bard siding to cover the vent also since I couldn't go out the back wall. Made the mantle and stained to match the barn wood.
925-dsc_0009.jpg

If you look up www.trilitestone.com there are plenty of examples of some great looking lick and stick stone. They are a good company out of Minnesota. I will see if I can get out and get some pictures of past projects with their stone on it

Buckaddict...love the mount on the right side of your pic. Very neat

Waukon1...What a brute above the fireplace!!

All of them make me jealous

Top Bottom