Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Let's Talk Cold Weather Boots/Irish Setter Snow Claw

Hardcorehunter

UL Shelter/Stove Geek
I just bought these a few weeks ago, and I am impressed. The Irish Setter 3888 Snow Claw XT. 2000 gr insulation and aerogel in the midsole.I have been wearing Scheels extreme weather wool socks in these, and have sat for 5 hours in zero degree weather, and my feet kept warm. I bought these one size bigger then I normally wear, for Scheels two sock system, and am very glad I did. I also own a pair of Ice breaker boot blankets, but so far, no need for them. These are the 1st boots I have ever owned that have kept me warm. I thought I would pass the info on. $159 at Scheels.

http://www.irishsetterboots.com/iri...88-irish-setter-mens-snow-claw-xt-realtree-ap

snowclaw.jpg

Men's Irish Setter 3888 Snow Claw XT 2000g Thinsulate® Insulation Waterproof 10-Inch Boot
Enlarge Image
Irish Setter 3888 Snow Claw XT 2000g Thinsulate® Insulation Waterproof 10-Inch Boot
Realtree® All-Purpose Camo

Description:
Aerogel is a material composed of over 90% air - making it an extremely effective insulator with the lowest thermal conductivity of any solid material known to man. The aerogel in the midsole of the Snow Claw XT serves as a barrier to heat loss between the foot and frozen ground or snow.

Features:

* UltraDry - Complete Waterproofing System
* ScentBan - Eliminates bacterial odors
* EVA with Thermal Boost Nanotechnology Midsole
* Snow Claw Sole
* Realtree® All-Purpose Camo Uppers
* Cement Construction

They are very easy to walk in; similar to my lighter weight Danner boots. Very comfortable. They look HUGE on my feet, because they are one size bigger then I wear, because I have big feet, and due to all of the insulation. I think if someone sees my tracks in the snow, that Sasquatch reports will go up.

Sasquatch huh? That's funny stuff Hardcore!! I just order a pair of Cabelas predator extreme's and they will be here today,I ordered them one size bigger and will be out all next week or how ever long it take's to fill my late muzzy tag.I will let you guy's know how they work out later this week.Those setter's look alot like the one's I ordered.

My feet would be soaked in sweat walking anywhere I hunt in those. I can't even wear my 1000gram danners when I have to walk any distance. I usually stick to my 200gram danners and do pretty well in the cold cold weather. Did just get some boot blankets last week to try them out for an all day sit.

I have a pair of Irish Setter Buck Hunters, I think they are called. I've had them now for about 6 years and they are still just as warm and just as comfy as the day I bought them. Irish Setter makes a great boot!

I have a 1600Gram Irish Setter Buck Trackers. I definatly have no complaints other than I wish they would wear out so I could buy the 2000grams. I wear them for late season hunts and ice fishing.

I've got a pair of either 1600 or 1800 gr Setters, unsure of model. They do a nice job but I feel like I have two oversized cinder blocks attached to my feet. I usually end up wearing my 1000 gr Lacrosse rubbers instead and employ the use of boot blankets if needed. The Setters are my go to boot for snowblowing the driveway however.

I have Muck Woody Elite 17" rubber boots. Advertised to comfort down to -40 degrees and the lightest boot I have ever worn (I would guess 8 oz). I would recommend these to anyone.

Kratz

jk5,I broke my ankle wearing a pair of rubber boots while bowhunting...never will I wear them again. How are these for ankle support? Thanks.

HCH,

I would say that they are better than most rubber boots as far as ankle support because they actually fit in the angle area. However, they won't compare to lace up boots in that aspect. I actually prefer the rubber boots for warmth but it does come with a price as far as the support.

Kratz

If you want to find good deal on Isish setter boots check out the sportsmanguide.com the last two pair I bought I got for a really good price. They where 1200gram deartrackers for about $52 bucks.I liked them so much that I bought a second pair just to have them on hand.

Top Bottom