Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Let's talk Muzzleloading..........

Split_G3
Muzzleloading season is my favorite time of year, and my season starts tomorrow, so you can imagine how siked i am! i would much rather hunt deer, or anything for that matter, with a muzzleloader than any other weapon.

i guess the reasons i love Muzzleloading so much, is the challenge, the absolute thrill you get from just shooting one, plus shooting one and killing something, and it's the only time of year in my area that we stand a 50/50 chance of hunting in snow.

i was just wondering what some of your reasons might be for the love of muzzleloading and what kind of muzzleloader you shoot.

i myself switch back and forth from my 50 caliber T/C Omega and my dads first muzzleloader, a hawken from 1970 that he put together himself(sometimes i like to keep it traditional since the word primitive seems to have gone bye-bye)

let's hear it MOOSEHUNTER(i know you love these things)!!!

Pete

That Right!!! 4 more Days left!! I hope to Bag my second B&C Doe with my T. C. 54 Cal. Semi-Auto Muzzleloader!!! Sorry to hear that you have NO Snow Down South!! Hey how do i post a picture Pete?? I hope you TOPPLE Mike B.'s Record!!!

OK Splitty.

I have a (traditional) gun. It shot pretty good.................when it shot. It cost me a "buck of a lifetime" the last time I ever hunted with it. I don't think most traditional's miss fire as bad as mine so I shouldn't be the one to bad mouth them cause I'm probably seeing the very worst side.

But blackpowder hunting to me is special because prior to that, I only shotgun hunted. After a few years of seeing deer with thier ears pinned back running for thier life I guess I was looking for something different. After a year or two of trial and error, I was getting just as big a thrill watching deer walk right by my stand.

I'm going through that same learning curve with a bow. I enjoy it alot and I think I learn something everytime I'm out but for sentimental reasons I guess I still like the muzzleloader season.

I wish I would have gotten into bowhunting long ago...........................

Being the son of moosehunter, I also do some muzzelloading. The best part of it for me is what dad said above. Being so close to the deer and watching them without them seeing you just puts a big smile on my face.

Top Bottom