Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Liberty Archery's Liberty 1

ParaOps

Any of you guys had the chance to shoot this little thing? I was first introduced to it by a neighbor. He pulled up last turkey season, as I was cutting grass, and said he had shot a bird. I took a look at the tom laying in the back of the truck and completely overlooked the bow laying next to it (easy to do because it's axil length is 20.5"). After noticing the bow, I asked what the *^@# it was. Thinking it was a childs bow, I expected him to say it belonged to one of his grandchildren. To my suprize, he professed it was his. I laughed.

I got the chance to shoot it later that day and made the decision to order one after the second arrow.

65lbs at 30" pushes a 28.5" arrow (6.2gr/in Speed Pro) with a 100gr fieldpoint at 291fps according to my chrono. My neighbors 5.5gr/in Speed Pros at 28.5" tipped with 100gr FP's flew through the chrono at 306fps. These numbers are not inflated guys! I repeated shots through the chrono at least 10 times for each arrow weight.

At full draw the axle length is 14.5". The bow at rest is small enough to put into the large pocket of my hunting pack. It weighs a little over 2lbs.

As expected there there is a significant amount of hand shock. It's not the quietest bow I've shot but no where near the loudest. It's a critical bow requiring good consistant shooting form, but man.... it shoots! I'll post some pics later.

Here's a pic of the new bow as compared to my Switchback:

DSC_0001.jpg

does it come with a bag I can wear over my head so nobody will know who I am while shooting it?

I know a guy that has one. He really likes it and says it is surprisingly steady for its size. He jokes that now he can just roll down his truck window and road hunt. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bowstring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Isn't it made by Wisper Creek or something like that. </div></div>

The bow is manufactured by Liberty Archery out of CA.

Looks like a wrist slapping little bee-atch. I guess it would have its place if you needed to stay compact..

Yeah Skully...it looks like it from the picture I posted. The grip is actually offset at a 30 degree angle. I shot it with my heaviest hunting coat and never hit a thing. It's pretty sweet. This will be the first deer season I've had it. I used it last turkey season and it's unbelievable from the blind.

Most guys react the same way I did when they see it for the first time. Laugh. (or ask if it comes with a bag to put over your head) It's no joke though.

A guy needs to actually shoot the thing to understand what it's all about.

Top Bottom