Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Life line question

sep0667

Land of the Whitetail
When using a lifeline, once you are up in the tree do you just stay connected to the lifeline or do you then connect onto the normal Treetrap? I am assuming stay connected to the lifeline, just want ask though.

What're your thoughts on strapping in while in a big ladder with the gun rest over top? Do you guys still use the safety line and harness? Just curious what you guys do...

What're your thoughts on strapping in while in a big ladder with the gun rest over top? Do you guys still use the safety line and harness? Just curious what you guys do...

I have a couple ladder stands, but don't use the shooting rail (actually took them off and have never put them back on, even for gun hunting). I always use my tree strap in these, but don't have a lifeline for them.

Do they make an extended or larger diameter version? I have a ladderstand on a REALLY big tree that I don't think my rope tree strap will fit around?

I will attach my tree strap to my harness while still attached to the lifeline and then unhook from the lifeline. Same thing when descending. This way I am always attached to the tree.

I would attach to a separate tree strap vs solely lifeline. When you start moving around you can get the whole length of rope moving against the tree. Deer don't like that.

No strictly rope style TREE STRAP. Lifelines will work for any tree since in effect they are just a giant tree strap.

I figured you meant the shorter tree strap, but thought it could be possible to be hunting in that large of a tree. By my calculations, it would be greater than a 9.5’ diameter tree, which is probably overkill. But, you wouldn’t really have to worry about being silhouetted from the front.

I would attach to a separate tree strap vs solely lifeline. When you start moving around you can get the whole length of rope moving against the tree. Deer don't like that.

Good point. I was thinking that they used to state that the lifeline was not intended to be used as a tree strap. Could be wrong, but was thinking that was discussed on IW before.

Some ask if squirrels use life lines? Because they do. One just climbed mine half way up the tree till it spotted me!

I'm using the HSS rope style tree strap. Not sure what diameter or length rope it is. Couldn't get the strap that came with my harness around a couple trees that I hunt in, so had to get something longer, and this seemed easier than the other strap too.

Just noticed the Lifeline also comes in 42', for those needing longer than 30'.

You could just wrap a lower piece of the lifeline around a climbing stick or your stand once you are up there to eliminate the entire length from moving when you move around up there.

You could just wrap a lower piece of the lifeline around a climbing stick or your stand once you are up there to eliminate the entire length from moving when you move around up there.

You must tie the bottom off somehow. On the ladder...on a screw in...on a rapid rail...whatever you're using. This will allow for you to use one hand to slide your prussic up with you when are climbing and eliminate all slack on the rope.

Top Bottom