Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Lighted Nocks

Team Haastyle

Host of Haastyle Hunting
This past season I was using the Tracer lighted arrow nocks and had some success with them. However, I am not a complete fan of the mounted magnet that is required to operate them. I was just curious as to what everyone else is using on the back of their arrows when they hit the woods and what success people have had with their lighted nocks.

nocks

I tried the Nockturnals this year and had zero problems with them. They were very bright and never failed to turn on. Oh and they look real cool when the buck broke my arrow as he took off and the half of the arrow with nock when flying like a helicopter.

Nocturnals for me too. Seem the most straight forward and trouble free. However, now I just use the Fusion Zeon fletchings and a wrap. Not as easy to see as a lighted nock but I can see it well enough.

Went to nocturnals this year as well. They work great. Sssooooooo....

x6 on the nocturnals

i guess I'll go with the x7 for the nockturnals, super easy to deal with no worry about activating them and simple to turn off plus really reliable

I shot a few of the Lumenock when they first came out in my Bemans. The ones made for bemans seemed to loose to always work correctly, so I bought a couple of the next size smallers (i think they were for eastons) and those were miserable to get turned off.

Are the nockturnals any better for that?

I shot a few of the Lumenock when they first came out in my Bemans. The ones made for bemans seemed to loose to always work correctly, so I bought a couple of the next size smallers (i think they were for eastons) and those were miserable to get turned off.

Are the nockturnals any better for that?

In my opinion yes. The nocturnals press in all the way to the shaft. There is a small plunger the string hits when fired to turn it on then to turn off there is a small switch on the side.

Nockturnals all the way! I always thought there should have been a better design for lighted knocks when they first came out and now there is.

The only negative about them would be target shooting with them, they can be a little tricky to turn off at times. But they never fail turning on.

just make sure you get the right size for the arrows you shoot. I think there are 3 sizes available.

Are there any of the brands that weigh the same as regular nocks??? I used 1 lighted nock a buddy gave me but I didn't buy other brands because I thought they weighed more. Just kinda pain if I have heavier nocks. They said it didn't make difference until longer distances & yes, I could practice with them BUT I sure would just prefer the same weight so I have no concerns or more practice. Any of them same weight? Thanks!

I believe they are all between 50-60 grams. And if I remember right regular nocks will be anywhere from 20-30. So there all about double. I shoot a DXT at 70lbs and out to 50yds I have found no difference in shooting them.

Thanks guys for the input, definitely know what I am switching to next bow season for lighted nocks... Nockturnals!!!

As many have mentioned, Nockturnals are good and probably the best for the money. Lumenocks and Firenocks and also top quality and even a bit brighter.

Has anyone tried the Zeon Fusion vanes from Norway industries? These look somewhat interesting to me. As far as I know, they are the only alternative to lighted nocks.

Top Bottom