Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Lighted Nocks

Has anyone tried the Zeon Fusion vanes from Norway industries? These look somewhat interesting to me. As far as I know, they are the only alternative to lighted nocks.

I use them. Used the standard fusions before swithing to the Zeons. Flight is exactly the same for me. The bases are a little narrower then the standard fusions which I actually like, they fletch in a helical better for me on the smaller axis shaft. They are a little stiffer but the only problem I have had with that is they are easier to damage if they get hit by another arrow. They are not as bright as a lighted nock but I can see them in flight, in the target or passing through a deer very well. I could not really see my arrows in flight with standard vanes unless I really tried to see them and that is not good for accuracy. I use the Flo Green with a wrap.

Also, they do not look like they would be more noticeable from the side. It's the edges, the back in flight, that show up. Kind of like the fiber optics on your pins.
Not a lot of help but you can see them in my avatar picture.

Last edited:
Used a white nock. There a lot cheaper. I shot a doe at 35 yds at the very last light and I could see the white nock all the way until it disappeared in the doe.

I used red and green nokturnals this year. They were a little lose in my shafts so I just used a grocery bag to make them tight. I pretty much practiced with them all fall. I had one break in the "on" position and the light has been on for 3 weeks now. It's very dim now but I can still see it before turning the light on. In my opinion they worked very well and helped me to find a couple arrows that I would have otherwise lost, which in theory paid for the nocks.

I just use a wrap on my arrows. Tried lumanoks, but they seemed loose. Probably will try the fusion vanes. You can't enter a animal in Pope and Young with lighted nocks.

You can't enter a animal in Pope and Young with lighted nocks.

Why can't you![/QUOTE]

Pope and Young has quite a few stipulations on what they allow you to use, if you want to enter a animal into their book. Go to their website and check it out.

II. Hunting Arrow
A. A hunting arrow shall have the following characteristics:
1. It shall be a projectile at least 20 inches overall length. The length of the arrow shall be measured from the rearward point of the nock to the tip of the broadhead.
2. Fletching shall be attached to the aft end.
3. A broadhead shall be mounted on the fore end.
4. The arrow shall weigh no less than 300 grains with the broadhead attached.
B. Exclusions:
1. No electronic or battery-powered devices shall be attached to the arrow.
2. No poison, drug, or explosives shall be attached to the arrow.

Also, lighted nocks as well is other electrical devices such as sight lights are illegal in some states.

dedgeez said:
Why can't you!

Pope and Young has quite a few stipulations on what they allow you to use, if you want to enter a animal into their book. Go to their website and check it out.

II. Hunting Arrow
A. A hunting arrow shall have the following characteristics:
1. It shall be a projectile at least 20 inches overall length. The length of the arrow shall be measured from the rearward point of the nock to the tip of the broadhead.
2. Fletching shall be attached to the aft end.
3. A broadhead shall be mounted on the fore end.
4. The arrow shall weigh no less than 300 grains with the broadhead attached.
B. Exclusions:
1. No electronic or battery-powered devices shall be attached to the arrow.
2. No poison, drug, or explosives shall be attached to the arrow.
[/QUOTE]

Is it just me or is some of this stuff stupid!?

green Nockturnals on my Goldtip XT hunters, and 100 grain Muzzy mX3's, can't beat em! plus there cheaper than luminoks and lighter too!

Are there any of the brands that weigh the same as regular nocks??? I used 1 lighted nock a buddy gave me but I didn't buy other brands because I thought they weighed more. Just kinda pain if I have heavier nocks. They said it didn't make difference until longer distances & yes, I could practice with them BUT I sure would just prefer the same weight so I have no concerns or more practice. Any of them same weight? Thanks!

Skip-they weigh approximately 19 grains, most Nock's weigh 9-11. It really doesn't affect your FOC that much, and FOC really more of an issue at longer yardage. Practice with them, vs switching out for hunting season. When they die, I still use for practice as all nocks adhere to string differently and always want to practice with our hunting setups

Great product.

My daughter got me a set of Nocturnals for Christmas this year. I LOVE them and wish I had made the jump to them earlier. So far, they are hitting the same as my regular nocks out to 40 yards. I haven't had a chance to shoot out to 50 or 60 yet to see if there is any difference in impact, but they shooting true with no adjustments to 40 yards. I need to get them checked to 50 and 60 real soon since I have an archery tag for both javelina and deer this month and hunting desert mule deer often requires longer shots in the sparse cover.

AZHunter said:
I need to get them checked to 50 and 60 real soon since I have an archery tag for both javelina and deer this month and hunting desert mule deer often requires longer shots in the sparse cover.

Bragger...... I bring my fluffy duster and clean you mounts if you'll guide me. :D

Sent using IW app

Bragger...... I bring my fluffy duster and clean you mounts if you'll guide me. :D

Sent using IW app

:D I'll consider it bragging when I fill a tag and post pics! Javelina tags are easy to get out here (probably still left over tags for that unit) and archery deer is over the counter! Come on out anytime...and please bring the fluffy duster!! ;)

Top Bottom