Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

limb ostrich

KillToHunt

i am very very very happy today. my dad called in sick to work and took me out this morning and i shot my first turkey ever. at first i thought i would not ever kill a turkey before but this morning i did. my dad called in this big old tom with a push button call that i call limb ostrich for 2 years because he is so big he weighed in at over 20 lbs and he had a 9 inch beard on him too sometimes turkeys dont act like they don't hear my dad calling but he did. thank god i did a lot of practicing hard with my dads shotgun and it hit him right where i aimed at and he fell over in the hay field and started flapping his wings hard. limb ostrich dropped and i ran to him and was so proud that mother nature grew him for me and that she let him live to the day he met my pellets ha ha i thank her so much and thank you guys for the good luck. i also got checked by the conservation officer when i walked out with limb ostrich and my dad and told him about the turkey eggs and he said he was going to their house and writing them a big ticket after i showed him the crime scene and said that destruction of a nest is not good he also said limb ostrich was really nice. wow what a day!

picture.php

Last edited:
Beautiful Iowa bird you got there and very unique harvest photo! Congrats on your first turkey

Be very careful in saying you used an electronic call, they are illegal in Iowa, wouldn't want you guys to lose your hunting privileges.

I'm guessing that the push-button call he talked about is one of those plunger button types that creates friction like a box call does. Maybe not, but that was my assumption.

Top Bottom