Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

little girl, BIG BUCK

buck1979

My just turned 12 year old Cousin practiced hard all summer with her bow, but just didn't get up to legal weight, so elected to give it a try with an Excalibur X-bow on the Bog Stix.

When she told me she wanted to hunt whitetails this fall...I had a sneaky suspicion that someone I know just might be game to take her out...:drink2:

I sent her some trail cam pics of a 4x4 in the area that we had filmed a few years and she quickly had her heart set on him. The first hunt a week ago came up empty handed, but thursday we settled in a blind late afternoon and early on she passed on a nice but young 4x4 and some does, just moments after, the one we were looking for came down the funnel @ 18 yards. Perfect shot, great footage, and a great time. There is nothing like a young hunters face moments after "the shot" and the excitment in their voices. I don't think the old boy was down yet and she was on the cell phone with her grandpa and Mom. Big Thanks to Brianna and her Dad David for letting me share this experience with them, something I will remember for the ages.

IMG_0211.JPG

IMG_0214.JPG

a trail camer' of him shortly before season open.

PICT0921.JPG

And a couple of him from 2008

jims_aug1_5_.JPG

jims_aug1_4_copy.JPG

Top Bottom