Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

living in iowa

I'd like to move the the state of iowa. But to do so i'd have to have a guarenteed job before even thinking about moving. Is there many jobs in south east iowa? Such as in Van buren county or decatur county? I have experience in operating heavy equipment. Right now i'm working at a Aluminum smelter plant, we melt aluminum and pour into ingots. im currently a leadman there. I also have little experience in the construction field, Building houses, concrete and laying flooring. If anyone could help with this it would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to move the the state but couldn't jus move without having a job lined up before going. if anyone knows anything about employment there it would be appreciated. Jus shoot me a pm. Thanks guys

Should have gotten in on the Mid-American wind farms project. They are doing one in SW IA till this winter and I think they are going to move further east for next year into central iowa.

There are plenty of jobs. First look at agriculture as a custom applicator. Then, there is always McAnich (spelling?) construction company out of Des Moines who is always looking for equipment operators.

I moved here in 2008, I bought an existing small service type of business and love it! Desmoines has lots of good jobs with great hunting close by. Pella and Oskaloosa have some good companies to work for. Meat plants are always hiring. Compared to some other parts of the country cost of living is low compared to wages. Ottumwa has fairly high unemployment. Burlington/muscatine areas might offer something. Great place to live IMO.

do yaw know if any of these companies have websites that i could check out? Im interested in moving there seriously. How is the cost of living there? I know here were i live in kentucky it's not to bad but compared to the wages it sucks. and there isn't many jobs. If u got a job here you had better keep it until u for sure have another one. Thanks for all the help

do yaw know if any of these companies have websites that i could check out? Im interested in moving there seriously. How is the cost of living there? I know here were i live in kentucky it's not to bad but compared to the wages it sucks. and there isn't many jobs. If u got a job here you had better keep it until u for sure have another one. Thanks for all the help

If you have a job anywhere right now, you'd be wise to keep it until you had another one lined up.

Not to be an ass, but perform a google search and do some of the footwork yourself. If you can post on this forum, you have the ability to look it up.

This is definitely NOT deer hunting heaven. But if you wanted to move to this corner of northwest Iowa, you could easily have a job the first day you arrive.

I grew up in van buren county n that's where I still hunt. Try Cole const co in Bonaparte. Carl a Nelson const in Burlington to start.

Top Bottom