Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Living on your hunting ground

Hoody

I'm new here, so if it's been asked before, I apologize.

How many of you here are lucky, fortunate, blessed, what ever you want to call it, to live on your hunting ground? I am, and it is so nice to be able to go out anytime I need, or want too, to tend to things. I hope this doesn't come off sounding egotistical, it's not intended to be. I'm just curious.

[ QUOTE ]
lucky, fortunate, blessed,

[/ QUOTE ]

All of the above...can't imagine looking out my window...and not seeing this.

FrostyDec06.jpg

I don't live on the ground I hunt. In fact, I don't "own" any specific chunk of land. The way I look at it, through our tax dollars and habitat fees that we pay, I guess we all (in a round about way) own a little bit of land if you consider public hunting areas. Don't get me wrong, you can't compare it to harvesting and managing your own farm, but it's better than nothing. The best I can do until I purchase my own little piece of heaven, is bust home after sitting on my a$$ all day and enjoy the final few hours with an urban hunt.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lucky, fortunate, blessed,

[/ QUOTE ]

All of the above...can't imagine looking out my window...and not seeing this.

[/ QUOTE ]

waytogo.gif

837maysunrise.JPG

Anyone who is lucky enough to live on the ground they hunt is truely blessed. Someday when i'm out of college I hope to accomplish this, but with the price of land rising I dont know if i'll ever be able to afford it!
crazy.gif

Best move I ever made. Thank goodnes for in-laws with land.
grin.gif

I too can't imagine not seeing this view every morning.

298100_0060-med.JPG

mole

Actually this is the only way I'll ever be able to own hunting ground. My wife would never let me buy a chunk of land for just hunting.
smirk.gif

O.k I followed the tutorial and still didn't get it right.
confused.gif

Little help??

mole

It kills me that I don't. My dad owns 30 acres in eastern Iowa and my "other" land is near there so I have a 2.5hr drive to my hunting ground. SO I purchased a house in Polk City and am sandwhiched between Big Creek and Saylorville lakes. Until I win the lottery, marry into land, or inherit some ground it's the best I can do.

I have a degree in Animal Ecology and have held several jobs in the wildlife management field. I would really love to own some land to put my knowledge into action. In due time, I'm told.

It is very handy to be able to walk out your back door and get into a stand on some mornings.

487P1010003-med.JPG

It's getting harder to find people that want to let timbered property go.

Bonker, you have probably seen that view a time or 2. I believe we are in the flight path to Ott. Reg

I'm jealous. Those are some beautiful views. Would any of you like to adopt a 35 year old who needs some guidance. You'll never know i'm there. I could spend most of the time in the woods.

Top Bottom